Chapter 22. ~Why Do We Do Stupid Things? Why Not.~

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

8:54 PM

"F-Fell, c'mon..." I blush even more, scratching the back of my skull. "That i-isn't true..."

"'Course it is, sweetheart." Fell chuckles. "Yer the most beautiful, most sexy, most precious creature I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on."

I hide in my blankets. "Fell..."

"I mean it, sweetheart."

I squeak as the door opens. I look up and see Riley in the doorway.

"Who're you talking to?" She asks.

"...No one." I mumble, hiding my laptop.

"Obviously someone." She chuckles. "Unless you're talking to the wall."

"J-Just... A friend of mine."

"Mhmm..." She walks over. "C'mon, tell me!"

I sink deeper into the blankets. "Please just go..."

She pauses. "...What's wrong?" She puts a hand on my forehead. "Your face is red... You're hot... Are you alright?"

"I'm fine..."

"I'll get you some water." She rushes out of the room and returns a few minutes later with a cup of ice water. "Here, drink this."

"Uhhhh... Sweetheart-?" Fell says, his voice startling me so much I almost spill the water all over me. "Ya alright?"

"Mmmhm..." I mumble, hoping it'll sound like nothing to Riley but a 'yes' to Fell.

"Do you want me to make you some soup?" Riley asks.

"I-I'm fine..." I grumble. "I-I'm just hot..."

"Alright." She gets up. "I'll be in the living room if you need me."

I nod, and she leaves my room. As soon as she's gone, I set my water down and fall backwards onto my back with a sigh.

"Ya alright?" Fell asks me again.

"Mhm." I say. "I'm just so flustered because a certain someone won't stop flirting with me."

He chuckles. "Well, how can I not? Yer too beautiful~" The way he says it makes me feel like he's right behind me, and I actually glance over my shoulder.

I blush. "F-Fell-"

"Heh heh heh... What?" He whispers, and I close my eyes, imagining him behind me. "Do you not think yer beautiful? 'Cause ya are~ Yer the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

I hide in the blankets. "C-Come on, F-Fell, stop..."

"I like flusterin' ya, sweetheart." He chuckles again. "Half the time I don't even do it on purpose~"

"Mmmnmnmgnmngmngmnm..." I curl up under the blankets so he can't see me.

"Heh... Alright, I'll quit. I just want ya to know how beautiful ya are, sweetheart."

"MnmNMNMGngmngmngmngmnMM...."

"C'mon out, Y/N."

I come out from under the blankets and look at my computer screen.

He chuckles again. "I love ya, Y/N."

"I love you, too." I mumble, setting my head down on my pillow with a yawn.

"Tired, sweetheart?"

"Mhm...."

"Go to sleep."

I put my hand up to the screen sadly, then it goes limp. I curl up and close my eyes, holding back tears.