Chapter 28. ~I Hate You, Riley. You too, Max.~

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

6:21 AM

"CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR FIVE FUCKING MINUTES?" I snarl, losing my patience. "NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BOOKS, RILEY."

"THEY'RE INTERESTING, AND I REALLY THINK YOU'D LIKE THEM." She retorts, and I see tears in her eyes.

"MAYBE ANY OTHER TIME I'D CARE, BUT NOT WHEN I'VE JUST WOKEN UP AND IS TRYING TO EAT BREAKFAST."

"WELL FORGIVE ME FOR WANTING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH MY BEST FRIEND." 

"DON'T YOU PULL THAT SHIT ON ME, RILEY."

"WHAT, I CAN'T HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU ANYMORE?"

"NOT WHEN I LITERALLY JUST WOKE UP."

"YOU'VE BEEN FINE EVERY OTHER MORNING."

I pause. She's right. I mean, I didn't even sleep last night. I was up talking with Fell until, like, five or six AM.

"...Just leave me alone." I mutter.

"Why are you so distant all of a sudden?" She's crying now, and yet I don't feel guilty. "E-Ever since Fell walked into your life- Y-You- You never wanna talk to me anymore..."

"No wonder why I don't want to talk to you." I snap. "You're always in my business, wanting to know where I am at all times, what I'm doing, who I'm talking to, you looked through my things, you try to hook me up with Max, you tell my parents about Fell, and you feed them complete lies about us, you bug me all the time, and I hate it." I pause. "No, I hate you, Riley. I hate you."

I grab my waffle, then storm upstairs and slam the door shut.

~~~~~~~~

10:39 AM

"You look... Really pissed off."

I look to my left and see Max standing in the doorway. He has a bag of Chick-Fil-A in his hands.

"You alright?" He sits beside me.

"I hate everything." I bury my head in my arms. Max takes something out of the bag, and I look at it. It's a large lemonade and some chicken. I turn away from him, not feeling hungry.

"What happened?"

"Riley and I fought this morning before work," I take a halfhearted sip of the lemonade, "and Fell isn't here, and I'm lonely, and I just want to cry."

"Oh, I-" He looks at my laptop. I've been spamming fell for the past half an hour. "...I'm here."

He wraps his arms around me in a hug, and I sink into his embrace, sniffling.

"...I told Riley I hate her." I mumble.

"Do you?"

"I don't even know at this point."

He hesitates for a moment. "...Do you wanna come over to my place for dinner? If Fell still isn't here-?"

"......Sure."

~~~~~~~~

8:21 PM

Max sits on the couch beside me, pouring us some Vodka. He takes his glass, and I take mine hesitantly. He wraps an arm around me and turns on the TV. I feel guilty, but Fell isn't even here, and besides, Max's changed. He's not gonna kiss me or anything.

Max takes a sip of his Vodka, then instantly turns towards me and kisses me.

I scramble backwards, almost spilling my Vodka. "W-What the hell, Max?"