Lonely

Lucille's POV
Now that our exams are over, Ashley and I are applying at colleges around, hoping to get in for the new year. Ashley was going to be studying Business Management, and I was getting a degree in Law and Journalism. Most of our time was spent with our family and the rest of the time, we spent alone together. We knew that in the new year, we would be going to different universities and would be apart for a longer period. So we made the most of our time together. We both knew that we wanted to get married eventually, so we spent a lot of time with each other's family as well. The entire December period went on by faster than we anticipated and both Ashley and I had received our letters from the universities we applied to. Ashley got his acceptance letter from a university close to home, while I got mine in America. We were very sad about the distance that was going to be between us, so we spent every minute of our day and night together, doing stuff together.

Soon Christmas arrived and Ashley gave me a necklace that had a pendant with his initial , along with a matching bracelet and earrings. It was very beautiful, and I loved it a lot. I got a chain for him as well, with the abbreviation L that I put on him. We had a couple of weeks before we both had to part ways, and we were so sad about it. At night, we used to lie under the stars and talk about how we would stay without being near each other. Ashley promised me that he would frequently come to visit me. We made a lot of promises to each other and updated all communication methods.

The day finally came when my flight was booked to leave. With Ashley's family and mine there to see me off, we said our byes and I pulled my luggage behind me, walking ahead. The tears just wouldn't stop flowing down. As I turned back to look at everyone for the last time until I came back, I saw Ashley looking at the floor and I couldn't stop myself. I ran straight to him and kissed him once again, telling him that I didn't want to go, that I wanted to stay behind, willing to even become a homemaker for him, but he said he couldn't ask that of me. He can't live with me having regrets in the future. He said we had the rest of our lives to be together, so maybe now the separation between us will make our love stronger. Hugging him once more, I turned around and went to get on my plane.

The minute I landed, I called everyone and told them that I had reached safely, which they were glad to know. I spoke to both the families for a long while, then it was Ashley and I that spoke afterward. I told him about how much I was missing him, and he said he was as well. Eventually, we had to cut the call because I had to go to bed due to me starting classes early the next morning. We said goodbye and I went to bed. Waking up early the next morning, I saw I had a message from Ashley and opened to read it. It said "Good morning Babe, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead". "It's your first class today". "Go and do your best, like you always do." "Always remember I love you my goddess, always and forever my love." Smiling at my message, I sent him a message back and then headed for class.

My class was made up of 26 students, both male and female students. The teacher was quite friendly and within no time, I had gotten into the hack of things. During our break, I sent Ashley a message to which I received a response from him very quickly. While eating my lunch, a group of male students came and introduced themselves to me, asking if I would like to come to their dorm party on Saturday, which I politely declined. Going back to my room, I finally met my roommate, since she wasn't there last night when I arrived. I introduced myself to her and did the same. Soon we became friends, and started exchanging beauty tips with each other. Since we were in most of the same classes, we agreed to study together, but she said some of her friends would also come over to study, to which I told her it would be fine.

Every morning and night, Ashley and I always call each other to chat. He told me he had already started university, which he was enjoying so far. We always speak about a lot of other things as well before ending the call. I really missed Ashley a lot, but I had to concentrate on my studies. At times, I felt extremely depressed, but my roommate always cheered me up, cracking her silly jokes.

Weeks had gone by, and my classes were getting more and more hectic. I met all my roommate's, Hannah's friends. They were the same guys that asked me to come to their party when I first arrived at university. After spending time with them all, eventually they became my friends as well. I did spend a lot of time with them all, but I made sure I did not over do it. My studies came first, and I had a boyfriend waiting at home for me, which everybody knew about. There was a guy by the name of Rishab who liked me. I found out that he knows my mother because his mum was friends with my mum. We got on well together and studied the same subjects at university.

When I spoke to Ashley, he told me that during spring break, he would be coming to visit me, which I was very excited about.
Spring break was literally a month away, so I was overjoyed about it.

Soon it was time for Ashley to come to see me. He booked a hotel near to me, and I am going there to be with him. As I was packing my stuff and getting my bed sorted out, I heard a knock on the door. Not really expecting anyone, I went to see who it was. When I opened the door, I saw it was Rishab who had come with a parcel for me. Since he was going home for his holidays, he had brought me some of his mum's famous curry which I absolutely loved when I first tried it and some notes to go over when I was free. Seeing everything he had brought for me, I went and hugged him, telling him, thank you so much, plus. Because of spending so much time with him for the past term, we became very close. At that moment, my door opened and Ashley, who was holding a bunch of red roses, shouted surprise. The minute he saw me, (hugging Rishab) the roses in his hand fell.