Finally Mine

Ashley's POV

I really didn't care what anyone had to say about Lucille and me. I loved her and I intend on making us work. That afternoon, after everyone found out that we were back together, we went back to our cabin early. We made love to each other and the next morning, I went to speak to Selan while she was still busy. I needed a car to go to the city jewelry store. I wanted to purchase a ring to propose to my goddess. So I went and purchased it. I found the perfect one for her and even had our initials carved on it. Going back to where everybody was, I saw her busy laughing with Sarah, so I went up to her, knelt down, pulled out the ring from my pocket and asked her to please do me the honor of marrying me. I told her that she was the girl of my dreams and I want to spend my life with her always. Seeing the ring and hearing my words, I could see the tears in her eyes as she said "Yes Ashley, Yes, my answer is Yes."

I took her hand and placed the ring on her ring finger, then held her face in my hand and said "I love you my goddess."

When our trip was over, I had gotten my car back and Lucille and I had gone home to see our parents, who were so excited. We also went house hunting. I said that would be my gift to her, but she said No, she wanted to go half-and-half with me to buy the house because it would be our gift from each other, so I agreed. We found a lovely house and Lucille absolutely loved it. She decorated it and did everything to her liking. I was happy with the way she wanted things done and left all that to her. In a matter of a couple of weeks, she had gotten everything ready in our house and we both said that after we got married, we would officially move in. I was back in full force at work. All the employees were doing their best as usual with their work and Lucille quite often came in to visit me. Some of the ladies always looked at her with envy, but she never ever took notice and always greeted everybody respectfully.

About a month later, it was our day. I had not seen Lucille since last night and was counting down the hours till I finally got to see her. As the minutes were going by, I was already dressed and was walking down the aisle to stand and wait for my queen to arrive. The pastor was telling me that it was almost time for my bride to come, when I heard music playing for the flowergirl and the ring bearer to walk down the aisle. Next, the bridesmaids and Lucille's maid of honor came. I didn't really watch them. When the music was played for my bride to come, I stood there waiting for her. When I saw her, my eyes filled with tears, because that was the only woman who managed to capture my heart, and she was letting me become her husband. The moment I saw her come by the entrance, I was blown away by how beautiful she looked as she made her way to me.

As she arrived by me, I went down a step and held her hand to bring her to stand by me. I could see her eyes, she had tears like me. As our marriage proceeded, it was soon time to say our vows to each other. She started first, she told me that I was the king of heart, her soul keeper, and the only man besides her dad that she had ever loved. She promised to always support me in everything I do in life and to be the best wife to me, in sickness and in health, till death shall set us apart.

Next was my turn. I looked at her and said, My beautiful, precious soon to be wife, I love you with all my heart and soul, From the first day I came to your house to start our project, I fell in love with you. (everyone in the audience started laughing). You are my greatest treasure, and I am going to work every day of my life to be the man you will always be proud of. I promise to always love you, treasure you and treat you right always, in sickness and in health, till death shall set us apart.

Then the priest said, with the power invested in me," I now pronounce you husband and wife, so my man Ashley, you can now kiss your bride". That's when I picked up her veil and kissed her hard on her lips, making everyone in the audience clap and scream for us. As we made our way to sign our marriage, I held her hand and said "I can't wait till we get out of here."