A Not So Normal Day

Lucille's POV

The next morning, while walking to school, I saw Ashley walking ahead of me. I tried to walk a bit slower, so I could gain a bit more distance away from him. I wonder why he is walking alone and is not walking with his girlfriend today. Maybe she is not coming to school today, but I really don't know or want to know. What happened between Ashley and I yesterday was a mistake. It shouldn't have even happened, but I can't help it, that he is the only guy I have ever been interested in, although I knew he couldn't stand me.

Having him kiss me was like a fantasy come true. I am not the desperate type and I have never been with a guy before. I have never even kissed a guy before. All I have are friends, both male and female. A lot of guys have asked me out, but my main concern was about school, so I always said No to them. Due to me saying No to them, they started teasing me a lot, but it was Ashley who started the flat-chested girl teasing. I hated it honestly and, due to his constant teasing, I developed a crush on him. I tried to get over it, but it did not go away. I still secretly liked him. Still, I could not let myself fall for him. I had to try my best to not fall in that trap.

Ashley's POV

I knew Lucille was walking behind me but the more I tried to walk slower, the slower she walked, so I gave up and carried on walking to school. I did not message Cindy back, so I think she must have walked by herself to school and must be waiting for me there, although I really need to speak to her about us. A conversation I really didn't have to think hard about.

As I reached the school gates, I saw Cindy standing nearby with Ivan, chatting to him before her eyes landed on me.

"Ashley, why didn't you pick me up?" Cindy said in a child-like manner.
(eyes roll) "I woke up late," I said.
"Well, you should have messaged me and I would have waited for you", came Cindy's reply...
"Look, Cindy, since we are still a few minutes early, can we speak?" I asked...

Walking away, Cindy followed behind me. Soon we were both at the back of the blocks at school. She bent in front of me, trying to open the zipper on my pants, (obviously thinking I wanted a bl...j... before school started). I pushed her hands away, saying I needed to speak to her, only, not do anything else, so I started speaking....

"Cindy, you know what we do together is just for fun's sake, nothing more right?" I asked.
"Yes, Ashley, obviously!"
"Well, it needs to stop"." We are in our final year now, and maybe we should just concentrate on school for now," I stated.
"Sure Ashley, but if you ever need to offload, you can let me know OK," Cindy said before she walked away.

Lucille's POV

When I entered school, I saw Ashley speaking to Cindy, right before he walked away and she followed. Imagine his audacity. He kissed me yesterday and this morning he is already going to a corner with her..... With those thoughts on my mind, I headed straight to class to leave my bag and prepare for my first class. A few minutes later, Ashley walked in with his bag and went straight to his desk, which was directly behind mine. All the while, I pretended to go through the notes in my book, while I was fully aware of him. He started chatting to his friends before the teacher made her presence known to the class, so the entire class went silent and became attentive. She started her lesson in History. She asked a few questions, which lots of us answered, including Ashley, correctly. After our History period, we had to go to another class for our Geography lesson. While walking out of the class, I could sense Ashley staring at me and in the corridor, he even bumped into me. With a simple apology, I headed towards my next class, with Ashley walking with his friends behind me. As we were almost near to our class, Ashley's friend Selan touched my leg. I turned back and Selan started laughing, (which was really not funny), but before I could even do anything or respond, Ashley gave Selan a knock on his head, saying that there was no time for that now. With a confused looking Selan, we entered our class and began our lesson.

Soon it was lunchtime, so I went straight to our form class to leave my bag before I could join my friends. I was leaving my class, when I saw Ashley standing with his friends near the staircase chatting. As I was about to go past Selan, Ashley suddenly put himself in front of Selan, taking Selan's full attention away from the fact that I was walking past and onto him only. Shocked, I walked past and away from them, towards my friends.

45 minutes later.....
We were all in our next lesson, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, Ashley asked me if he could borrow an eraser, which I handed to him. When he returned it, he handed it to me in such a way that his hand made full contact with mine. Ignoring the feeling I got, I simply carried on with my work. All our lessons were over in the next few hours, and it was time to go home. As I picked up my bag to leave, I heard Ashley call out to me, making me turn around and look at him, to which he said, he would walk with me home, so we could continue with our project. Not being able to come up with an excuse, I told him I would meet him by the gate in 5 minutes. I just needed to take care of something quickly. After I was done, I made my way to the gate and saw Ashley standing there waiting for me.

The entire walk home, we were both silent, not knowing what to say. A short distance away from my house, Ashley said he needed to run home quickly and would come shortly, to which I replied "please can you come in half an hour, because I would like to take a quick shower first before you come". He simply nodded and left.