Chapter 20

Ryu Shi-Oh

“Don't worry, I won't hurt your dog...We don't kill animals...” he said with fake solemnity coating his voice, as he glanced at the prosecutor laying on the floor with a petrified expression, “do you wanna know why? Becasuse they can't talk, they just bark.”

Shi-Oh smiled menacingly, eyes withholding a crazed look, “So keep swallowing your words and just bark...that's how you'll survive...Stop wasting your energy to gather evidence against me, becasuse you won't find any.”

The prosecutor sat there stunned, not being able to reply against his vicious warning. Satisfied with the outcome, Shi-Oh turned around to walk out of the prosecutor office with a victorious smile grazing his lips. He had taken care of yet another hurdle in his way, though in an unethical way. But that was the rule of survival in the world in which he had grew up.

He had finally rebelled against Pavel, leaving a challenge in the open, and he wouldn't tolerate anyone staking up his problems. An almost pristine reputation for Doogo and himself had been conveyed. The mafia organisation had already detected his lack of activity regarding the shipments of the drug, and sent him a warning. But it was of no use now.

Shi-Oh had legally acquired Doogo's rights, leaving no association with Pavel or any investor related to the organisation. Well, he had almost became a good guy. However, that flippant woman, Hwang geum ju was still trying hard to expose him. As if he had something to hide, atleast not currently. Now, he was a businessman, free of any illegal involvement.

There wouldn't be any problem, until someone tried to dig up the already buried graves of his past...

Only one goal was superior in his mind, destroy Pavel bit by bit and watch the empire fall and burn into ashes. For that he had, power, influence and the antidote to all the drugs manufactured by the mafia. He had entered the forbidden territory of grave dangers now, his life would be on the line at every moment of coming days. They would try to get rid of him, immediately and immaculately.

He did not fear death, his life had always been a gamble, it was already a bet. But why a familiar face would appear infront of his eyes whenever he would think of being embraced by death? Why had he instead started to long for her embrace? And why did his life that he had spent in dark, was finally brightened with daylight?

Tsetseg...

Shi-Oh's affection for her was untameable, unrestrained and absolutely shameless. He wanted her, it was not something he could deny even if he tried to. She had seized the only existing beats of his heart, they belonged to her now. And he wanted her to belong to him, he was willing to wait for her as long she was by his side. He would always wait for her.

She had recognised the parts of him, which he had kept hidden beneath his facades for years. He did not need to tell her, she had this ability to read his eyes and say things that contradicted every belief of his. And he would just let her words stay floating inside his mind like a symphony. She gave him perspectives that he had never thought of before.

Now, he wanted to willingly let himself be bare infront her. To show her everything.

______________________

Tsetseg

Tsetseg was sitting inside Shi-Oh's office, waiting for him to arrive, as he had called her to discuss something important. She wondered what he had wanted to say, his voice sounded resolute and solemn. She hoped that it was not something concerning, seeing him hurt was the last thing she wanted. And she had to make a decision today...even if it was a gamble.