Chapter 27

Highly recommended song for this chapter. I literally imagined the whole scene while listening to this masterpiece. It gives the feels! 😭

Play it when you see (play)

Third person pov

It had been almost a week since the meeting, and Shi-Oh had been really busy regarding the work. He had frequent meet-ups with the detectives and her mother. There had been no move from Pavel yet, but he still remained on guard all the time. She was sure that he did not even remember today's date, however she did. It was December four...

The whole day, he had spent out of the office, busy meeting various important people. She hadn't wished him happy birthday, because there was something else planned in her silly little mind. However, she did worry about his health, as he barely took care of himself these days. It resulted in her texting him to not overwork himself, and like usual he tried to maske her concern with his flirty words.

Currently, it was ten in the evening, and she headed towards Shi-Oh's apartment with a special parcel from her favourite bakery. She received his goodnight text, providing her information that he was indeed at his house. But she didn't tell him about her visit, it was suppose to be a surprise. If he remembered about his birthday, was he disappointed that she didn't wish him?

Tsetseg stared at the charcoal black wooden door infront of her, before her fingers raised to type in the passcode. A pink hue appeared on her cheeks as she recited the numbers again, 000311. It was her birthday date. She had asked about his apartment's passcode in nonchalance a few days ago, and he told her without hesitation.

But the smile on his face while he talked was still burned in her memory. Why did he...

The door dinged, pulling the woman out her thoughts, as she silently pulled the door open. Peeking inside, her eyes were met with an almost dark interior, with dimly lit lights casting rare luminance. She stepped inside the house, before slowly closing the door behind her, as to not cause any noise. Then she turned around to take in the view.

It was just like his office, wooden interior with dark undertones and elegant designs. She approached the dining table across the living room, tip toing like a robber. Putting the box carefully on the table, she opened the box to examine the beautifully baked butterscotch cake. A smile appeared on her face, as she digged in the candles slowly, one by one.

Shi-Oh walked out the shower, dressed in a v-neck knitted black sweater and loose black pants. He slowly ruffled his still wet hair, heading out of his room. His feet halted, sensing another presence, body turning rigid. Carefully, he turned down the corner, only to see a small figure hunching over his dining table, while muttering incoherent sentences.

(Play)

Tsetseg sighed in relief, finally having lit up all the candles, before she put down the match box on the table. Straightening her posture, she admired the sweet creation infront of her with a proud smile. But then a sudden voice made her freeze, "Tsetseg...?"

Instantly turning around, she saw a very demented and surprised looking Shi-Oh staring at her from a distance. Her slightly widened eyes wandered down his body, taking in his attire which was totally different from whatever she had seen yet. Clearing her throat, she remembered that she literally intruded in his house. Smiling sweetly, she spoke, "Shi-Oh!"

"What are you doing here so late? Is everything alright? Did something happen?" he asked, eyes brimming with concern as he scanned her figure.

"Why don't you come closer and find out?" Tsetseg blurted out, probably confusing the man even more. But nonetheless he listened to her like always, and walked closer without further questions.