Chapter 25

Tsetseg

Hi-seek had a horrible timing. Why? Well, let me tell you in detail.

Tsetseg and Shi-Oh were heading towards the mansion's exit, after she escaped from his constant flirting. He silently walked beside her without making any unnecessary comments. But then, a familiar figure mindlessly walked into the house, completely unaware of his surroundings, and the moment his eyes fell on her figure, the first thing he said was.

“Do I look like a servant to you? You didn't even stay two days at my place and forgot your clothes there—” and his words halted as soon as Shi-Oh's presence registered in his mind. Then his eyes widened a bit as he tried to process the situation, while Tsetseg looked at the man beside her who's eyes seemed to darken and fists clenching.

“Long time no see, Mr. James Choi,” Shi-Oh said mockingly, a sinister smirk appearing on his lips, causing her to freeze. She watched the man approaching Hi-seek with calculative steps, making her anxious to the core. Although she knew, Shi-Oh wouldn't hurt him just like that, she couldn't say the same about Hi-seek's reaction.

“What the hell is going on, Namsoon? What is he doing here?” Hi-seek asked in a demented kind of frustrations, ignoring Shi-Oh's presence right infront of him. She could see the mentioned man's jaw clench in silent rage, as he watched Hi-seek's eyes on her.

“Don't let your eyes wander where they don't belong, detective,” Shi-Oh commanded in a deep, assertive voice, causing Hi-seek to look at him in an instant. There was this hint of a deadly warning in his tone that did not go unnoticed by Tsetseg. Fearing the outcome of this supposed conversation, she decided to step in.

Tsetseg rest her hand on Shi-Oh's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down, before looking at Hi-seek, “Just go talk to mom, she's in the study room. She'll tell you everything, don't be reckless right now.”

Before he could say anything else, she grabbed his wrist and pulled him away from the seething man, feeling his intense eyes on her back. Seeing thr cop's reluctance, she stopped infront of the hallway before speaking, “Hi-seek, just listen to me this once without asking any questions. You'll get your answers if you meet eomma. Just go.”

Sighing, he gave her a last look of disbelief before following her suggestion and heading down the hallway. Relieved, Tsetseg turned to look at Shi-Oh whose eyes seemed to be boring holes in her form before he averted them. She walked towards him and seeing him already walking towards the exit without another word. What happened to him all of a sudden?

Tsetseg could understand that he felt spite after witnessing his presumed enemy standing right infront of him. But his anger seem to bear so much more than that, something that she could not comprehend. Shaking off her thoughts, she saw him standing infront of the car, waiting for her. As soon as she approached him, he opened the car door for her to enter without a single word.

Deciding to give him some space, she got inside silently. And the whole ride, he did not say a single word to her, which arose a strange feeling of disappointment in her heart. She did not want him to be mad at her.

__________________________

They entered Shi-Oh's office with the same silence, before he abruptly turned to look at her with a conflicted face. She couldn't quite decipher the emotions inside his eyes as he stared at her wordlessly for a few moments before speaking, “Does that apartment...belong to him? Where you stayed for two days?”

“Oh, yes...it's Hi-seek's apartment,” Tsetseg answered honestly, trying to figure of his intentions, and she felt this need to explain it further, “I really didn't stay there...it was only for that night when you got to know about...Also, Hi-seek was in Busan at that time, so I asked him for the keys to his apartment. I just wanted to stay alone for a while...”