Deserve

Not another second was spared explaining yourself when you didn't need to. Eren made it clear that his men were yours to command. When you left that house, they followed. That was their only job, to follow you and your commands, and that's what they did. You're not sure if Jean and Connie followed as well but that didn't matter much to you.

You were ten hours ahead of schedule but you didn't regret a thing. The window ten hours from now was just the safest option, the option with the least collateral damage because Reiner and Grisha would be alone with none of their men.

Unfortunately, you'd run out of patience, which means that if Reiner and Grisha's men got in the way, then so be it. As you drove everything around you just started to blur, you felt as if all the trees became one, all the lanes in the road became one, and everything you felt was only centered on one emotion.

Anger.

As you drove you heard your phone buzzing, you saw the number was unknown but you answered it anyway. Eren was using burners, he texted you from one last time so you didn't think anything of it this time. When you answered the phone, he didn't say anything other than an address before hanging up right after.

He wants you to meet him, you recognized his voice the second you heard it and you also noticed how off it sounded. You haven't made the singular phone call you needed to make to get Eren's men to the location where Grisha and Reiner would be, which meant you could afford to make this little detour.

You make a U-turn and head towards the address Eren said over the phone. You recognized the area just off the top of your head, it was a park right off the highway and it wasn't too far from where you were either.

Half an hour later, you arrived at the address and double-checked by putting it into your phone. Your map led you to a more secluded area of the park, it was a completely different section with a field of grass cleared out and then surrounded by trees all around.

As you approached this field of bright green grass, you saw Eren waiting there for you. He was just standing and looking at his phone in one hand, he looked up when he heard you step on a handful of leaves underneath your shoes. He smiled gently at you, relieved by your presence. You had a harder time getting yourself to smile given your situation but for him, you managed to force a soft smile back as you got in front of him.

"I heard what happened...to Mikasa. I'm sorry." His smile dropped as he apologized but it wasn't his fault so his apology didn't mean much to you, leaving you unable to find a reply while in front of him.

"I also heard that you plan on rushing in ambushing Grisha and Reiner." He acknowledged, the tone of his voice wasn't what you were expecting at all and it threw you off.

"Correct."

"I know you're upset...I know how you're feeling and while a week ago I would have agreed with what you plan to do, I can't anymore." He confesses and you can feel your heart sink, you almost don't believe what you're hearing at all.

"Stop. You're sounding like Connie and Connie was asking me to pretend like any of what they've done has been fair. He wanted me to overlook their unfair decision and I hope that you aren't asking for the same." You interrupted with a head shake and he sighed before speaking again.

"You're right, what they did to you and to me is unfair...but I'm asking you to not overlook it but to let it end with us." He stated and you truly thought you were hearing this all wrong, he couldn't have been saying what you thought he was saying.

"You have evidence to get them arrested—concrete evidence. Let the unfairness end with you and I."

"No. They don't get to get away with what they've done. Mikasa was innocent, she was never involved yet they didn't just murder her they left her to bleed out slowly and painfully...alone. Reiner took more from me than my rib, he took my sanity, my hope, my life...he and Grisha have taken everything from me and you want me to give them the mercy of handing them off to the police?!" Your tone had grown rough, it was as if you weren't even speaking to Eren.