Chapter 4: A Snakes Home

*Ominis POV*

Home. A place where when you step up to the doorstep, you start to get that giddy feeling. The feeling of seeing your family again after a long school break, smelling the warm cookies your mother placed on the oven to cool. The sound of the laughter that comes up from the upstairs, the children playing with their toys and the moment you walked through the doors, everyone rushes to see you. But it was never like that here, nor has it ever been.

Here, standing at the estate of my home, it was always cold. In the distance, I could hear the black crows that sat on the fence line call as I passed by. Not a single happy voice in sight, only the passing of the cars behind me.

I remember my family telling me that the house was a dark grey brick home, black gates that surrounded the property with black shutters that surrounded the windows. All the colors that represent a true jail cell. Atleast to what it felt like to me.

The suffering feeling of torture already flooding my bones. I knew what was to come since I never participated in the christmas dinner this past year and didn't plan on staying in contact with this insufferable family. The murderous torture that I was going to have to face when I walked through these doors, already sent chills causing me to tremble. I clenched my jaw shut, biting down as talked myself enough courage to knock on the doors.

I reached for the large black door handle, the insignia with the snake on it. Feeling the sleakness of it through my fingers. The echo of the knocks from the wooden door flooding through the house.

"Damn it to hell." I whispered.

The door opened after a moment, hearing the butler cough as his eyes must have looked up shocked to see me again.

"Mr. Gaunt, what a splendid surprise."

"Hello Theodore."

I stepped through the door, hearing my heels click against the tile floor. The house still smelled the same, dark cedar wood with a hint of pneumonia.

"May I take your things to your room?" He asked.

I nodded to him, letting him grab my luggage from my hands. He was really the only one who treated me with a slight amount of respect. Cleaning my wounds the multitude of times I was beaten, using the sewing kit when my brother would split open my lip or cheek.

"Where is he?" I asked.

Theodore paused, hearing the uneasiness in his voice.

"He's downstairs, my lord."

I sighed heavily, the most vile place in this whole house.

"Shall I announce you?" He asked.

"No, I'll find my own way Theodore. Thank you."

I heard the stretch of his clothes, knowing he was bowing to me before moving on with my luggage.

I knew as I moved through the house that nothing had changed, everything was in black teakwood, black leather couches, sheer black curtains that hung from the walls, shielding any type of light from coming through. The fireplace where the lounge area would be stood a picture of our descendant, Salazar Slytherin.

The blinks of my wand allowing me to see the very few images as my mind connected to it. I closed my eyes, just wanting to immediately cut off the connection. This was the last place I wanted to be..... but I had no choice.

My hand reached for the golden door handle that led to the basement, my hands already beginning to sweat, my heart rate picking up like a freight train.

I opened the door slowly, hearing the small creaks it had always made. I cursed to myself when it had made a louder enterance than what I wanted. If they didn't know I was already here, well they did now.