Chapter 12: Light to Dark

*Ominis POV*

Everything started to make sense now. The reason I was put into this position. Why father made this my assignment and no one else's. They knew I would personally benefit by making her give the information to me. Especially when it came to Sebastian....... it all made sense now.

They already had the information that I wanted, trying to make this as personal as possible so I'd have no choice but use the torture curse on her. They were smart even when I didn't want to admit it.

I blew out the breath I had been holding, walking away from Penelope. My hands reaching to my head as I grabbed the hairs. Wanting nothing but to pull on them as the anxiety reached deep into my heart. Even after all this time of being away from this family, they knew how to work me. Just like a clockmaker knowing how to set up a clock, but for me....... I was running out of time.

"What will you do now..... Ominis?" She asked quietly.

The echo of our breaths bounced around the room, hearing both of our heart beats frantically thump wildly against our chest.

I pinched my eyes shut, knowing this information would be crucial... even for me.

"Your right.......... this is extremely useful information to me. It could potentially save my friend from Azkaban if we were ever crazy enough to try to break him out of there." I said softly.

"And are you crazy enough?" She asked.

I turned to her, raising my wand to see her face. Half of it turned into the light as the other was in darkness from the shadows.

It reminded me slightly of Sebastian, his constant battle with himself when he was trying to find a cure for Anne. Trying to do the right thing by never giving up on her, trying to find a cure while his Uncle held him back. Making it nearly possible for anything to happen while the darkside was taking its hold. Using dark magic, going down the path of the dark arts and using the killing curse. Taking away the only real family they both had left while in the same respect...getting rid of the problem.

I breathed heavily, trying to find sense in all of it.

"No....... I'm not......" I said lowly. Moving towards her, standing in front of her.

My ears turned towards the door, hearing the light footsteps come near.

"But......" I said, raising my wand under her chin, feeling the tip of my wand graze her. Hearing her heart rate quicken. "I know someone who would........"

The flashes of fear in her eyes illuminated through me.

"You wouldn't........ you wouldn't before and you'll cower like you did before!" She said rushed.

"I don't want to Penelope-"

"Your too kind and you know it! Stop lying to yourself!" She yelled at me.

"The only person I am lying to IS MYSELF! FOR NOT-" I breathed deeply, taking two steps back from her, my wand still raised to her frame as my chest felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. "........for not being who I was raised to be...."

Her eyes widened as I gripped my wand. Feeling my knuckles crack from the pressure.

"Please!! You know I can't tell you! My family-" She yelled, pushing against her restraints, leaning forward as she tried undoing her hands from the knots.

"I'm sorry.............forgive me-"

"NO!" She screamed.

I closed my eyes, raising my wand in the air. I saw Sebastian in the corner of my mind, standing there with that smug look on his face, Alora standing behind him with her hand on his shoulder. Smiling at me as she nodded for me to continue.

Both of them were bringing out the worst in me........ and I was going to hate myself for it.

"CRUCIO!"

***
Short chapter but wanted this one to stand alone :) more updates to come very soon!