Epilogue

*Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince By Taylor Swift*

*Finally//Beautiful Stranger by Halsey*

*Somewhere Only We Know by Keane*

1 Year Later

"Professor, is it true!?"

I looked up from my desk, seeing one of my students that was currently in detention from skipping classes.

I sat back in my chair, looking over the abundance of students in the classroom, also serving detention for other reasons. I hadn't even realized she was talking to her friends, passing notes back and forth.

"Is, what true Jenny?"

She smiled brightly, her cheeks going red.

"Is it true you were friends with the one who saved Hogwarts from the goblin attack years ago?!?"

I stood, now seeing all the other students had my attention from her small outburst.

Great.

I sighed, remembering her.

"Yes.... I knew her."

The girls giggles spread through the room. Obviously knowing something more than was led on.

I looked up at the clock, noticing we were just about done with todays session.

"Professor, are you two-"

I interrupted, "Okay that's enough for one day, return tomorrow same time and don't be late." I threatened.

The students fled from their seats, swiftly making their way out into the halls escaping my harsh eye.

I slumped back in my chair once I was alone. I had been here for hours, helping grade papers that Ominis needed assistance with. Now wishing I had never taken the task. Keeping these students in line was hard enough. They've grown more resilient to not worrying about being in trouble.

And I thought I was bad....

My mind couldn't help but wander to her though. I found myself thinking of her often, especially in the Undercroft, overlooking the Black Lake, the pier and boathouse. Sometimes sneaking into the vivarium. Luckily Deek was still around and let me visit occasionally to get away from prying eyes when I needed a moment to clear my head.

I remember waking up that day. the last time I saw her. The night we-... made ridiculous love over and over till exhaustion took over my eyes. I didn't even feel her leave. There was no note, no message, no nothing. She was up and gone like a gust of wind.

I was angry with myself that I didn't wake. That I didn't feel her go. That I didn't have the opportunity to try to make her stay again even though I knew deep down it was useless.

Her mind was made up and nothing stops that woman from doing what she wants. She's as hardheaded as they come. One of things I've grown to love about her but also struggled in different ways.

I fucking miss her.

We all do......

Ugh.... Damn it.......

"Something wrong?"

I looked up, seeing Ominis in the doorway of my classroom, leaning against the door.

I groaned, wiping the tired from my eyes. "No..... just tired is all."

He smirked, "You act like I can't hear the lie in your voice, I'm blind, not deaf Sebastian."