Best Friends to Lovers Pt. 2

Kong sat on the floor of the hazing hall, with the rest of the freshman waiting patiently for the hazers to arrive. It's been a week since SOTUS started. A week since they got their first challenge. Kong was able to get all the signatures and then some. Most of the seniors in engineering already knew him, as he would visit the campus often the last two years. The rest of the seniors just took pity on him. He could see it in their eyes, even if they didn't say anything. He hated seeing that look, but there was nothing he could do.

"Did you get all the signatures?" Oak asked. We had been instructed to turn in our books this morning so the hazers could count the signatures. It was a good thing the booklets had number lines, otherwise it would take forever for them to count.

"I got close, I got 750 signatures." Tew said.

"I got all one thousand." Wad said, all of us looking at him.

"How?" Oak asked groaning. "I only got 575."

"I went to the local club and bars the students like to hang out and stood by the bouncers. I made them give me signatures with their cover charges." He said shrugging. Prae started laughing shaking her head.

"I should have thought of that! I only got 912 signatures." Kong was the only one who didn't announce how many he got. He thought it was stupid anyways. There would only be a handful of seniors he would talk to or ask for help from anyways. So, what was the point of getting that many signatures? He wanted to fight it with P'Arthit but didn't. What would have been the point?

P'Arthit hasn't so much as looked his direction since last week. Not since that day in the canteen. Kong knew that their interactions on campus would be limited. He wasn't a fool. P'Arthit was a third year and Kong was a freshman, so he wasn't expecting to be at Arthit hip like before. What Kong wasn't expecting was the lack of messages, the lack of phone calls. Kong could feel himself losing his oldest friend as the days go by. His messages all go unread, his calls go unanswered.

It hurt Kong more than he cared to admit. He would feel his mind slipping down a dark path, one that he has travel down before. The feeling of hopelessness, slowly creeping up. He wanted to talk to Aim about it, but he knew...he knew that if he told Aim, Aim would go running to Arthit, and demand an explanation. Kong had started to rethink being at this school. Being so close to someone who didn't want to be close to him anymore.

"Kong!" Aim said snapping his fingers in front of Kong face. "Dude you were spacing out. Everything okay?" Kong smiled at Aim nodding his head.

"Yes sorry, just tried." Aim looked at Kong worried. He knew better than anyone that Kong couldn't get sick. His immune system wasn't very strong, and if he got sick, it would be bad. "Don't look at me like that. I'm okay, just tired, it's a bored tired." Kong said causing Aim to sigh with relief.

"Okay good. You had me scared there for a moment. I'm going to drive you back to your dorm tonight. The weather isn't looking good, and I don't want you caught in the rain." I roll my head shaking it.

"No, that is out of your way, your dorm is the other way. I can walk." Kong says.

"I can take him." We turn just in time to see Ming flopping down next to us. "We live in the same dorms; I've seen you walk out in the mornings."

"That's okay" Aim said his tone cold, causing Kong to raise an eyebrow. That wasn't like Aim.

"You don't trust me do you?" Ming said smirking. "Don't worry I wouldn't trust me either." He said laughing.

"Ming is a player. And likes to hit on cute innocent boys, date them for a week and dump them." Prae said. Ming laughed.

"Prae and I went to the same high school. And the boys I dated were not as innocent as you think."