Family

"Little girl get back here right this second." Kong called out, as he chased his two-year-old niece Nin around his apartment. He had just gave her a bath, and instead of letting him get her dress, his little เจ้าหญิง decided it was play time. "If you don't get back here, you will make ลุง Kong upset." He said chasing her around the couch. The two-year-old giggled as she ran under the dining table. Kong sighed shacking his head. He needed to get her dress so they could leave. Kong got an idea smiling at his niece

"Well, I guess if my little เจ้าหญิง doesn't want to get dress, then ลุง is going to get pink milk and ice cream alone." Kong watched as Nin rushed out from under the table straight to him.

"No ลุง! I go too!" she said pouting, her cheeks puffed out. Kong picked her up gentle sitting her on their small couch.

"You have to get dress first." He said. Nin smiled lifting her arms up. Kong shook his head chuckling to himself.

Kong had been giving custody of his niece at the time of her birth. His older sister, Malai didn't want her, and had confessed when she was six months pregnant. Kong being only nineteen at the time, a full-time university student, with a part time job, told her he would take the baby. Malai seem to be relieved at this. They hired a lawyer, and when Nin was born, she was Kong's.

Kong and Malai parents were never in the picture. They always cared about themselves only. Both parents were work acholic, forgetting they had children most of the time. Malai was older than Kong by five years, yet Kong took care of her more than she did him. They had been close growing up despite the age gap, till Nin was born, then Malai just disappeared out of their lives. Their parents didn't even know Malai was pregnant since she didn't tell them, and Kong felt it wasn't his place to either.

When Nin was born it was between his freshman year and second years of medical school. If asked Kong would tell them it was hard. He was still a kid himself, but now had to work a full-time job to support his niece. When school started back up two months after her birth Kong thought he was going to go crazy. Nin wasn't sleeping through the night yet, so he was averaging three hours of sleep per night.

Aim, his best friend since primary school, helped when he could, taking her on the weekends so Kong could sleep for a few hours, or to pick up extra shifts. Aim parents, his mother mostly helped the most, always watching her while they were in school, and sometimes overnight. Kong felt guilty when this happen, Nin was his responsibility. Aim mother told him, that what he feels is "parent guilt" and it happens to everyone.

Now two years later, Kong is in his fourth year, and is getting ready for his internship. Aim mom had volunteered to watch her today, while Kong went to his interview, but Kong declined. The hospital he had his interview at had a day care center. They told him they could drop Nin off there free of charge since he had an interview. Kong couldn't have been happier at that. He hopes after he graduates, to get a permanent placement there. 

"All done." Kong says smiling down at Nin. He dressed her in her favorite red polka dot dress, black dress shoes. Kong put her hair in a ponytail with matching bow. Kong was gray suit, with matching vast. A white silk shirt, along with matching black shoes. The outfit had been gifted to him by Aim parents, and he couldn't be more grateful. "You look so pretty." He said as she did a little turn for him making him chuckle "Let's go my little เจ้าหญิง." Kong says as they headed out.