Chapter 2: Beauty Thief

Int. Café Leblanc – Evening

Akira, Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, Makoto and Morgana are all inside of Akira's room in the attic, talking.

Ryuji Sakamoto: God, I can't believe I scraped by on those exams! What a relief. I owe you one, Makoto.

Makoto Niijima: Oh, it's not a problem. I'm glad you passed.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Shit, so am I. How did the rest of ya'll do?

Ann Takamaki: Average, I guess. Nothing noteworthy.

Yusuke Kitagawa: My exams were quite simple, to be honest...

Makoto Niijima: So, you did well, then?

Yusuke Kitagawa: No, I did terrible.

There's dead silence between the group.

Morgana: Uh...ignoring that, aren't we missing someone?

Ann Takamaki: You mean Akechi? He's in the group chat, so he should have gotten our message.

Ryuji Sakamoto: I'm not going to lie. I thought that guy would be nothing but trouble at first, but he's been a huge help. Both in combat and helping us find targets for Mementos these last couple of days.

Makoto Niijima: I hope he isn't overworking himself, though. He does have a job, remember? I imagine working alongside my sister all day can be taxing for even those with the strongest willpower.

Akira Kurusu: Eh, I'm sure he'll be here before we...

Sojiro yells from the floor below.

Sojiro Sakura: HEY KID, THAT DETECTIVE BOY IS HERE! HE'S ON HIS WAY UP TO YOU GUYS, NOW!

Akira Kurusu: See, I told you.

Akechi makes his way up the stairs to the attic, looking tired.

Goro Akechi: Sorry I'm late, everyone. I had to help SAE finish up a couple of things.

Yusuke Kitagawa: It's not a problem at all. We were just saying what a huge help you've been, since recently joining us.

Goro Akechi: Really? That's great to hear. I'm relieved that I'm not holding you guys back.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Hell nah! You're a natural at this thing.

Goro Akechi: Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you all.

Ann Takamaki: Bad news?

Goro Akechi: It seems that the Phantom Thieves' activities have garnered the attention of the SIU.

Makoto Niijima: The Special Investigations Unit? That could be problematic.

Goro Akechi: The director has Sae looking into the Phantom Thieves and wants her to build a case against you guys. She was telling me that she even has her own task force to help take them down, if she needs them.

Ryuji Sakamoto: A fucking task force? That's a bit overkill, isn't it?

Morgana: Aye, deflated fun bags, is there any chance that you can tell your sister to fuck off while we do our thing?

Makoto Niijima: I doubt that would work. Plus, she would wonder why I cared so much. It would only draw more attention to us.

Morgana: Valid point...not so valid titties.

Goro Akechi: I'm with Makoto on this one. I think it would be in our best interest to let the SIU do their thing. Getting involved with them wouldn't be a good idea.