Chapter 10: I Did This

Int. Café Leblanc – Later

The door to Café Leblanc opens, causing Sojiro to look up from the newspaper that he's reading. Akechi makes his way inside the café as the door behind him shuts. Sojiro smiles, invitingly.

Goro Akechi: A-apologies for dropping by, like this. I-I was invited by Akira and the others.

Sojiro chuckles at Akechi's awkwardness.

Sojiro Sakura: You don't always have to be so polite and nervous when you enter the café, ya know? Although, it is a nice change of pace, compared to the other kids, who kind of just walk in here like they own the damn place. Heh, with how often they show up, you would think that they do. Anyways, as you can see, it's a slow day, today. Not a single customer, at the moment.

Akechi glances around the café and realizes that everything Sojiro has just said about there being no customers is true. Akechi scratches the back of his neck, awkwardly.

Goro Akechi: It...must be rough for you when business is this slow. I hope that the others and I aren't causing customers to not show up.

Sojiro shakes his head, no.

Sojiro Sakura: Nah, things are always this slow during the day, especially during the summer. Turns out, people don't really like to drink coffee when it's already so damn hot outside, haha. Oh well, gives me some time to read the newspaper and do the daily crossword puzzles so I can't complain too much.

Goro Akechi: B-but...aren't your finances effected...oh, I'm so sorry. That's none of my business.

Sojiro Sakura: Haha, there you go apologizing, again. Finances aren't really a big deal for me. Let's just put it that way. I run this place more for myself than to make money if I'm being honest. Actually, it's not just for myself...

Akechi notices Sojiro's smile disappear for a brief moment and a look of sadness and despair cross the older man's face.

Sojiro Sakura: Hey kid, did your partner...Uh...Sae...every say anything to you about my current situation?

Akechi tilts his head in confusion.

Goro Akechi: Situation? You mean aside from looking after Akira?

Sojiro Sakura: I see. Never mind. It's nothing. The other kids are waiting for you in the attic. Better not keep them waiting too long.

Akechi nods his head in agreement.

Goro Akechi: Yes, sir. Of course. If you'll please excuse me.

Akechi bows his head in respect and walks past Sojiro and makes his way up the stairs to the attic of Café Leblanc.

Sojiro Sakura: Kid's got good manners. He must have been raised right. Probably by better parents that I could ever be. That's why I never planned on having children. In all honesty, I shouldn't even be...

Sojiro stops himself from continuing and chooses to return to reading his newspaper, instead.

Int. Café Leblanc – Continuous

Akechi makes his way into the attic of Café Leblanc where Akira and the rest of the Phantom Thieves have already gathered. They all look up at Akechi as he enters.

Goro Akechi: S-sorry, I was late. I was actually doing something when I received your text.

Yusuke Kitagawa: There is no need at all to apologize. The rest of us may be on summer vacation but have a job so it's completely understandable that you would be busy.