The Journal

Me

Me...and Cathrine... Friends

The sensation tickled her as they approached the dean's office. Catherine was a chatterbox, whereas Olivia was quiet and shy. They walked side by side.

Cathrine waved to everyone on the way, while Olivia nodded her head or smiled briefly and cowered behind her whenever she encountered a heated gaze.

Finally, they arrived at the Dean's office, and Olivia surprised to learn how easily the Dean's secretary let them in.

The girl undoubtedly wielded some power in the college. It would be nice if I stayed by her side throughout my college years.

Olivia thought, but the question was... would she accept her? Her self doubt were all over the place.

"Let's go..!" Cathrine chirped beside her ear as soon as the formalities were completed; for the rest of the day, she accompanied Olivia and showed her around campus.

Olivia noticed that she had a friendly personality, and everyone adored her.

Olivia's classes ended and she bid her farewell. She was walking back to her hut while clutching the book list and her schedule.

It was late evening, and night was approaching, so she moved quickly. She felt like she was being watched the entire time, which made her nervous.

*Bang!!

Olivia slammed the door behind her and locked it tightly as soon as she reached home. She was panting heavily and drenched in sweat from all the labour. She didn't know who they were?! or what they wanted from her?! but this behaviour frightened the shit out of her.

"How are you, Olivia?! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you,"

Olivia startled a little when a somewhat familiar female voice asserted from behind, apologetically. The room was pitch dark and Olivia only could witness her silhouette because of the light coming through the curtains.

She was struggling to find the switchboard. However, before she could find it, the woman let out a wand from her cloak and waved it in the air, making the whole room illuminated with bright light.

"Yo...you? What the hell! how did you come inside? Please get out of my house...my life ...YOU WITCH!..."

Olivia hissed at her and yelled out the last part. She was stupefied after witnessing the woman imposing on the sofa in her living room. The woman's features twisted with anger as she rose from her seat.

"I have a name, 'Ivana'.....Ivana Hart, and before you call my kind a curse, keep that special one in your mind who gave birth to us..." she fumed with irritation.

"WE ARE SISTERS, AND YOU WILL JOIN OUR TRIBE SOON..." Ivana was irritated and concluded by matching Olivia's vitality. The lights in the entire house began to flicker as Olivia's belongings floated in the air.

Ivana's powers turned the entire place upside down, as her eyes glowed with a bright light that covered her orbs and her hair waved in the wind. She was dressed entirely in black, and her overall appearance exuded an otherworldly aura.

Olivia, on the other hand, persisted in her stance. "If she was a witch and I was a wolf, and she was inherently weaker than me. She could not scare me away with her voodoo," she screamed in her head.

"Oh! Now I understand what you want...just wait here, okay!..don't puff in the air..."

Olivia snarled at her, pointing a finger and nodding her head in agreement. She dashed upstairs, toward the attic, as fast as light. Upon arrival, she searched for a specific item and found a small rustic medieval wooden box filled with dust in a corner.

"Sorry Dad!!" she apologetically muttered to herself before summoning enough courage to open the box. She picked up a journal from it. The journal was quite old, with yellow pages and a simple black thick sheet cover that had become crumpled over time. A simple rope thread was wrapped around it to keep it shut.

She dashed back into the living room, where Ivana was still modeling on the same couch and enjoying a cup of tea. Olivia could smell the delicious tea all over her place, but she kept her senses under control and focused on the task at hand.

"Take it and leave my home and life. I know you are just here for this, so take it and leave. However, remember one thing... "I am never going to join that stupid 'Tribe', even if it means my death."

"I despise you, your clan, and, most of all, the one who gave us life..."

She growled at Ivana, releasing all of the rage she had been harboring for years. Father warned her not to trust this clan, and she was unwilling to disregard his words.

Even after detecting her irritation, Ivana sat on the couch, unfazed and unconcerned about Oliviabehaviourior, holding the teacup elegantly.

*clink!

She looked at her through the cup as she took her final sip, then placed the cup back on the saucer. The clinking sound of the cup placement reverberated throughout the silent room.

She finally got up from the couch and looked deeply into Olivia's eyes. Arrogance was dripping from her face as she walked towards the door without saying anything to her and without even glancing at that 'Jorneral', indicating no desire to acquire it.

"I did not come here for this; I came here for you, Oli, and I will be back until you are ready to leave this pack. But mark my words, Oli: the wolves in this pack will never accept you..."

"They will never consider you one of them; the Witch clan will always be there for you. They support you even though you do not belong to them. So make your decision wisely....farewell..."

She wrapped her finger around the doorknob and spoke to Olivia in a completely calm tone. After warning her, she pulled the knob and walked out of the house, leaving Olivia behind to deal with her scepticism.

Regardless, everything Ivana said was true; perhaps Olivia refused to see the truth.