Monday 15th January

I woke up this morning and thankfully my ankle was feeling so much better. I rotated it to loosen it a little and it only hurt dully when I stood.

This I was thankful for as I really needed to go into the office today rather than work at home.

It was fairly quiet when I got to the office and I managed to get a good load of work done before I started to get distracted by people coming in.

“Morning Miss Alice. Did you have a good weekend?” I looked up and saw Warren walking leaning against the desk next to mine.

“Morning Warren. Not the best I twisted my ankle walking the dogs, but it's feeling a bit better today. What about you?” I asked politely in response.

“Oh no. You should have called, I could have come over and doctored you back to health.” He laughs. “I just hit the gym a bit and perfected my coq au vin recipe. You'll have to come over and try it… how about Friday?” He asked as if he only just thought of it.

I was looking at him drastically trying to think of a good excuse when George started heading towards me.

“Oh Warren, that sounds lovely, except me and George are having dinner Friday, so I can't come to yours for dinner.” I said slowly, looking at George wide eyed trying to convey that he was my only salvation.

As Warren looked back to me, George winked at me.

“Yeah, sorry Warren, looks like I beat you to it.” George smiled at me and passed me the envelope he was bringing over. He paused looking at me, just long enough to make Warren uncomfortable enough to leave without another word.

I mouthed thank you to George.
“Is 7 ok?” George whispered before turning away. I laughed and shook my head as I looked down to the envelope.

I was nice to Warren when I first started and I think it unintentionally came across as more than that to him.

I had successfully been keeping up the ruse that I had a boyfriend, but then I was telling Kat about an awful date I had been on and Warren walked by and heard me. Until now he had just upped his flirting game with me.

I got home from work and was walking the boys when I got a text.

‘I've booked a table for 7. I'll pick you up. Thought we should actually do dinner, just in case Warren checks in…😉’

I laughed out loud which spooked Duke.

‘7 works for me. How long have you wanted to ask me to dinner?😂’

‘That would be telling. 😉’

Today certainly took a turn.