Wednesday 24th January

The weather has been terrible lately and I've been feeling it a little bit. Not getting as much fresh air and just feeling a bit out of place.

I got my new job in the middle of last year and just got stuck into the work and the role. Then I moved so I could be closer and before I knew it, it was December.

I had planned, pretty much everyday, to finish work and go for a walk or bike ride around the city / outskirts to get to know the area. I had so far managed a walk down by the river which came highly recommended throughout the office.

So I decided when I got home yesterday to load my bike into the car and go for a bike ride during my lunch breaks. When it's not raining anyway.

At lunch time, I went out and grabbed my bike. Hopped on. And set out.
I left the office and I headed towards the city centre. I wanted to have a proper look around the cathedral, so far I had only just seen it from afar.

I hopped off my bike and slipped it into the bike rack as I walked around the cathedral.
I was trying to get far enough back to get a good photograph when I was suddenly on the floor. I sat myself up a bit and looked around as I wiped my hands on my trousers. I couldn't see immediately what I tripped on but then I saw a small rock just off the path which I must have slipped on.

I got up and dusted my butt off before quickly checking my phone was ok. It was good.

I looked behind me and took one more step back to get the photograph. Pretending I wasn't really embarrassed that I had fallen over and made a fool of myself.

I returned to my bike and decided I would go for a lap around the outskirts of the city to see what's around before returning to the office.

I got back to the office and was feeling fresh. I locked my bike in the bike rack with its cover on, leaving it at the office to prompt me to go out more on my lunch breaks.

I got home in record time, there were hardly any cars and I arrived home to see Chester and Duke peering out the window, waiting for me.

I made a quick burger and ate this while the boys sat beside the table watching every mouthful I took.

I grabbed their leads and we headed out. I put on the Toni and Ryan Podcast to listen to while I walked and soon I was laughing out loud. Literally looking like a crazy person while walking the dogs.

It's just the little things sometimes that are enough to make you smile.