Tuesday 26th March

This morning started with a yoga video and then breakfast by the window. 

I got ready for work and headed out and was thankful that when I arrived it was still quiet. 

I got up to make a cup of tea and my phone chimed.

‘Hey, so this is Ethan from the woods yesterday. You found my dog Penny. I just wanted to say a huge thank you again and was wondering if you wanted to get a drink sometime?’ 

I looked at it for a while and made my tea before I sat down to respond.

‘Hello, honestly you are very welcome. They are both such sweet dogs. Yeah that would be lovely. Let me know when.’ 

I sent it just before my meeting started which was good as it would mean I wasn't just staring at my phone the whole time.

I grabbed the boys when I got home and we headed down to the beach to have a walk along the stones and get some fresh sea air.

As we wandered back towards the car through the town I decided it was worth it stopping for an ice cream. I mean I reunited a lost dog with her owner yesterday.

I got a large scoop of chocolate ice cream and ate it on the way back to the car.

The boys were loaded in and we were off.

When we got home I pulled up and could see something sitting on the floor just outside my door.

I got the boys out and as I got closer I could see it was a bunch of flowers.

I picked them and lifted them to my nose to take a large sniff.

As I did so, I held the flowers to the side and did an almighty sneeze. I paused to see if another would follow and took a breath of the flowers. They smelt like spring.

There was no card or note. I took them in and spent some time arranging them into a case before I put them on a shelf in the living room.

I made myself some dinner and had a bath. Very simple and lovely day I would say.