Wednesday 17th January

My birthday is this weekend. I never manage to do everything I want to do in advance so I can feel good on my birthday! This year is different!

I love having painted nails. But my nails are in terrible condition. For no reason! I have only had my nails done 3 times properly and I hardly ever paint them myself but they are so brittle. Always have been.

But anyway. Today I gave myself the time to paint my nails.

I got home from work and rushed around to get all the jobs done and I just ate a sandwich while walking the boys so that I could settle and just do my nails.

I got myself set up with Modern Family and I pre opened a Pina colada cocktail just to make it a proper cute relaxing evening.

I filed what was there and tried to make them all a similar length and shape. I really hate having a few long and a few short.
Which is almost constantly what mine look like but oh well…

I did my best to add very thin layers as I added my nudy-purple colour to promote quick drying.

I sat watching TV, trying my hardest not to keep tapping at the nails to see if they were dry yet.

I held out my hands in front of me to assess them and was happy with how they looked.

I tried to get comfortable in bed without having my nails touch anything which was difficult but was achieved

Fingers crossed they were dry enough to survive the night