Monday 5th February

I worked from home today because I had a teams training course to attend.

The one thing I love about doing training is we always get a longer break than normal. So I ate my lunch and then was able to sit and read on the sofa for a while.

The course was actually fairly interesting and some of the information we were presented I knew I could apply to some work I was doing currently.

The course finished and I did a quick tidy up before going out with the boys. We took a walk through the woods at the edge of town and quickly ran into Nick and Netty.

Netty and the boys started spinning around each other sniffing and jumping and me and Nick stood chatting about the weather and the weekend.

“So how many miles have you two done today?” I asked, glancing at Nick.

“Oh, I reckon she's taken me closer to 4 miles today.” He chuckled as he said it and stroked Netty’s head.

Duke and Chester had ran off ahead and I could see them dashing in and out of the trees, chasing a squirrel by the looks of it.

“We're going to head this way.” Nick said, gesturing to the right.

“Ok, I'd better follow those two.” I pointed towards the boys straight ahead. “It was nice to see you both.” I patted Netty's head and waved to Nick as he headed away.

I turned and caught up with the boys and we followed the loop around and headed home.

“Hello Charles.” I said as I saw Charles closing his door. He turned and smiled at me.

“Hello Alice. Duke. Chester. How are you today?” He asked.

“I'm good, thank you. How are you?”

“Yes yes I'm doing ok. Just nipping to the shop for some milk.” He walked over and patted the boys.

“Would you like to pop in for a drink on your way back?” I asked him. Charles smiled and nodded and he walked off in the direction of the shop.

I got the boys in and gave them their dinner before straightening up and turning the kettle on.

I know how long it takes Charles to get to and from the shops. I try to keep and eye on him as his family don't come around that often.

I heard the door go just as the kettle clicked to finish. Charles shuffled into the kitchen and took his usual seat. I put both our cups on the table and went back for the biscuits I opened.

“So Alice. You weren't in yesterday. But that guy from Saturday night was here knocking at your door…” My jaw dropped and Charles nodded slowly.

“He didn't bother you, did he, Charles?” I asked concerned.

“No no. He knocked for a long while and was shouting your name. Which is why I then came to the window. He looked in all the windows he could and then he went away.” I watched as Charles fucked his biscuit in his tea.

“Oh Charles I'm so sorry. I haven't contacted him since you rescued me.” I told him about James and said that I would talk to him about it. Seen so he's a policeman.

I walked Charles back to his house and I took Percy over a little treat to have.

I got home and double checked all the doors were locked.

I ate dinner and kept glancing at the clock. James’ shift finishes soon. I want to tell him as soon as possible about what Charles has said but I don't want him to over worry while he's still working.

After I ate my dinner I sent him a message. I started with don't worry. But he still turned up anyway. In his uniform.

“Alice…” he said as he grabbed me into his arms.

“James… did you read the part that said don't worry.” I chuckled.

“Yeah but if that creep has been here once he could come round again.” James let go of me and headed further into the house. I turned and watched him and realised he was checking the locks on my windows.

“Ok. You're secure. And it's getting late so I would hope he won't be coming around now… would you like me to stay?” He said slowly, carefully watching me.

“You don't have to stay… I'm not worried about Alfie…” James nodded slowly and looked around the house. “But I would like it if you stayed… officer.” He whipped around to look at me, and winked. He took a step towards me, not taking his eyes from mine and started to slowly unzip his tack vest.

I started laughing and as he got closer I started to cheer.

“Woohoo. Take it off!” He stood right in front of me, dropped his tack vest to the floor and started on his buttons.

He was laughing as well and then stopped.

“I don't want to presume anything Alice.” He looked at me earnestly.

I reached my hand up and continued with his buttons. His shirt fluttered open at his sides and I ran my hands up his chest. He watched me carefully.

I pushed his shirt off over his shoulders and as it landed on the floor he scooped me up and carried me upstairs.

He laid me down gently on the bed, keeping his arms either side of my head. He lowered his lips to my neck and slowly started to kiss the skin there. His lips traced a line of heat as they moved across my skin.

One of his hands dipped under the hem of my top and his fingers ran across my bare skin softly.

When my top slipped over my head I remember being thankful I had put a nice bra on this morning.

Then he was kissing the dome of my breasts as they heaved with my breath against the lace.

“Alice.” He breathed against my skin as he made his way up my neck and back to my lips. I looped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. Wrapped my legs around his waist.

He let out a groan against my lips and pushed himself away from me slightly. He looked at me for a moment and I just looked back at him.

His eyes searched my face and then he stood up off the bed and reached for his belt buckle. I watched him as he unbuckled his belt, unpopped the button and unzipped his flys. His trousers fell to his ankles with a thump and the buckle hit the floor. I looked back at his face.

He cocked one eyebrow at me, and then dropped his pants. I couldn't maintain eye contact for even a second.

James reached over to me and in one swift movement had my trousers and knickers on the floor next to his own.

I'll let you imagine the rest… twice.

James stayed the night.