Side Story 1 - It's a Twisted World With Twisted People Out There

Five years. It took me everything to disallow myself from falling into despair. Ever since the day Onii-chan died, I kept myself at home as if hoping tomorrow never came.

No, perhaps, it was because I wanted the past so badly I let despair controlled me.

However-there were people out there who still dragged this empty me outside. It was my friends. It was Onii-chan's colleagues. It was my senpais that took me away from the endless nightmare which appeared when that day arrived.

At first I didn't want to. At first I didn't want to be together and that I wanted to be left alone.

And yet, and yet...... there were always people who waited for me. People who grasped my hands. And precious people who still desired for my happiness above all. I realized that these people held the same kindness and warmth Onii-chan had.

He's still there. In everyone's hearts. Onii-chan. Onii-chan... Onii-chan......!

From that day onward, I have lived on. I lived through ordeals and against my weakness. I trained kendo that Onii-chan left behind. I studied to become smarter than Onii-chan. That's why I vowed. I wanted to become like him. I wanted to become a person who can help someone and protect the people I love.

Five years passed...... everything had gone eventfully. I was living my fullest. I had done everything I could and today was the time where we gathered to visit Onii-chan's grave.

In that fateful day too-my life changed. Again.
-

-

-

-

-
Apparently, Norse Gods have revived and decided to make Earth (or Midgard) as a battlefield. Ever since the collapse of Yggdrasil, the Gods have been troubled because their wide playgrounds have disappeared.

After all, Norse Gods were known as brutish bastards equal to Vikings and that they loved to battle. Yes, you got that. They're power idiots and battle maniacs to the core of their existences. Even the most gentle, loving Goddess of Fertility still trampled on the One-Eyed Chief God every night with a sadistic smile plastered under her nose.

Not also they were experts in wars and battles... They have superb insight and talents and weapons that could OHKO every god within their realm. Well, Baldr was killed with a headshot by Loki so it's more or less true for each celestial being in Norse Mythology. Crazy bunches with freakish deadly powers.

One more thing to add for these brainless monsters-wars were considered as Tournament. Imagine an Olympic or perhaps sports festival in high schools and you got the picture. Team Red (Giants and Demi-God Loki) versus Team Blue (Aesir and Vanaeir) with a sports field named as Ragnarok.

You'd probably think "Eh? Seriously? Are they idiots?" or "Are they alright in the heads??" or "Damn immortals playing apocalypse as sport." Right? It's half the truth that things went hectic halfway later but in actuality, it's not their responsibility that the Nine Worlds melded into one.

That's why-when Yggdrasil withered and the Nine Worlds combined into one through the ashes of the dead worlds, the remaining survivors (or rather, these liars who actually died just for acting out) felt it would be hard to unleash a war (tournament) in the New World (Earth).

Then, a certain Trickster God submitted a proposal in an annual conference.

"-Why don't we just have a representative of our own and let them battle? Of course we can see their movements by synchronizing our souls so it would be as if we're fighting for real! But this time, we're also mortals!!"