Volume 3 Chapter 7 - An Event Cut Scene?

-Vainticel's POV-

Hmh... this is bad. And here I thought things would go well after five years of absence. It's a bit quicker than I expected.

"...As expected, I can't let this go."

Standing up, I began to walk away but someone stood in front of my abode.

"Where are you going, Vainticel?" --Helios asked with his arms folded.

"I want to go down... but I can't huh? You anticipated my movement."

Looking at the God who governed over the sky and freedom, Helios was blocking my path with arms crossed in front of his chest. I glanced over his figure and I noticed the subtle irritation within his gestures.

"Your movements have been quite suspicious lately. You, who is a Minor Goddess, should have no concern over your followers' fate. I thought you have stopped throwing tantrums but was I wrong?"

"...well, if I were asked by a Major God who has all the rights in the world to roam freely and doing as he pleases while maintaining the orders around then yes."

The silver haired man scrutinized me with his sharp gaze. Sadly, I'm no powerful god and I have no exact power with my believers reaching only a hundred if not less. I could never hope to defeat this battle hardened War God anyway.

"...your Servant is still safe. Irnia and Linia won't even interfere with the Mortal Realm anymore. And the other gods have all stayed silent because they cared not a single thing with what the mortals do."

Haa.... I know that already. In fact, those two were meant to aid the Child from the very first place. She escaped danger through the trap Irnia had prepared after all.

"But... I don't think it's enough to ensure our influence from harming the Mortal Realm."

"That is impossible. You know that all the gods have vowed by creating the Monument of Order. Especially when it was YOU that proposed the idea in the conference."

"...Helios-kun, aren't you being a prick now? What is your point?"

The Major God frowned. His deep gold eyes pierced through me and he said.

"It was by your words that this newborn world could flourish. But why are you trying to add an Irregular in the system you have painstakingly worked on for million of years? What is your goal, Vainticel?"

"Hmph... no wonder you're still a single, Helios-kun." I snorted and with a hand on my waist, I told him. "If you're looking for something, then do it by yourself."
-

-

-

-

-

-
.......a... dream...?

".......was it a dream...?"

I opened my eyes and what I saw was a ceiling with chandelier hanging. The smell of medicine needed for sanitary purpose wafted in the air. The white curtains enclosed my surrounding like a veil hiding the outside world from me.

"...I fainted again... and this must be the infirmary... Aah... looks like I am STILL sick."

Getting up from the white bed with white blanket, I had noticed my uniform was drenched with sweat and it's already ragged too. Was I put in the infirmary in this state?

"...this might be bad. I hope there is a change for clothes... ah, there is."

Beside the bed was an empty chair. Not entirely empty as a folded set of uniform was there and I saw a note on top of it.