Volume 3 Chapter 5 - General Combat is Battlefield

And so... I am here in a sports field as wide as Tokyo dome. Thought not THAT wide but anyone would get the sensation of having too much space to waste for. And yet... it did not look like it when a hundred or more students were scattered everywhere.

"Sure is crowded~ I wonder what we are going to do here?" --Anise asked a critical point.

"Maybe there will be a test or something? That man from earlier looked like he would even throw a magic beast into the crowds in order to measure who would be strong enough to survive for an appropriate duration." --Leon surmised but the three of us were not fully convinced.

In fact... I have a feeling that it could be more ridiculous or less nonsensical than what I thought. If not for my experience then I would have disagreed with Leon's hypothesis but once we saw Instructor with several other teachers lining up next to him, the dark clouds on my head vanished.

"Show them your skill, Bernard!"

"Aye, sire!!"

When he finished his sentence, a person at the far right side of instructor raised his hand and a magic circle appeared in front of it. Light burst forth, blinding our eyes and the moment we realized, crates full of wooden weapons surrounded us as a magical ward was erected to ensure no escape.

"Take those weapons and defeat your enemies! No murder is allowed and the time limit is one hour!! begin!"

...or maybe not. We're going for elimination tournament after all. Should I laugh now that what I thought as mere joke turned real?

After that kind of nonsensical challenge, everyone scrambled in action. Be it the girls or the boys, all took weapons randomly and started fighting in random but I dropped down my gaze. Somehow disappointed and tired out.

"Seriously? Is this reality?"

"Not even one of them complained... looks like they're all idiots. Oh, but the weaker and slower ones were failing first so at least they knew how to be cowardly."

"A free-for-all brawl!! My turn has arrived!!"

Ah... another idiot took a dash off. I saw Anise kicked a boy's head and he fell with loud sound. However, the boy instantly vanished and reappeared outside the ward!

"Yep, you're disqualified. Now you're free to drop out from my class." --Instructor Galahad beamed a smile.

"No way!? It can't be...!!"

Ah... when he said that, all movements ceased and everyone stared at the grinning Instructor.

"What? Got any problem? As long as you got hit at the vitals then you're coming out defeated. As if war can be so kind that a strike on the head won't kill you!"

"Uwah. He's really putting live combat rules in his teaching."

"He's got a good point though."

"No no. If it's like this then aren't we already in Royal Knight Course...?"

"What are you saying, lass!? This is just a fraction of the truth of the true lessons you will face should you enter Royal Knight Course! And obviously there's no corpse in the making here!!"

Uwah! So there could be casualties in everyday lessons!? And how could his voice reached all the way here!? Did he use magic to amplify his voice and he pinpointed me too! What a frightening Instructor!!

"Nice. I'd like to see him trying." --Leon commented but that mindset is wrong!

Bantering with Leon for a while, the two of us were then approached by a group of students. All of them were boys with either chubby faces or freckles and they harbored sinister smiles.