Volume 5 Prologue - Missing You

Sometimes, no matter what, one could meet hopeless fools beyond saving in the world, even if it's somewhere close enough to be called as cheap joke.

Yes. For example...

"Hand over your belongings and we might spare you, lousy nobles!!" A man with common feature of a bandit announced.

Standing boldly, he was accompanied by fifteen people wearing patched clothes, bandannas and blunt daggers. It's blatant obvious that they hold malicious intents as they eyed the carriage.

"Hoh ho... Now this certainly sounds like a hassle. What shall we do, Milady?" The coach... or rather, Mr. Rudolph turned a calm glance at me who's sitting inside.

Even though his hair had turned grey and his wrinkled face denied him of any violent impression, his eyes certainly hid the brutal intent to massacre the bandits. Well, he's a butler, alright...

A head butler sent personally by the king of Aeinsland.

Of course, I sighed as one of the bandits noticed me through the window. They sure made some hell of an expression to behold.

"A woman... and it's a young girl!! We're lucky, Boss!"

"Heh he... just our luck. The last one happened to go wasted so..."

"Oh, and she has golden hair and those eyes... it's a damn good stuff!!"

"Eh, but I think someone said this kind fetches for five years worth of gold..."

...ah. Rudolph-san, please calm down a little. These guys are scums but they deserve the time to be the bad guys.

"Mr. Rudolph, restraint yourself. I would like to inquire them." I stated.

"...very well then. But please be careful." Mr. Rudolph responded.

Then he went down from his seat and opened the door. I descended with light steps and I turned to face the bandits. Stop whistling, the one in the corner.

"It seems that you people like to ambush travelers. Is this your hunting ground?"

"Oh? Well, this is a surprise. You're quite smart, little girl."

...little, huh? It's true that compared to ordinary people, my growth rate is as slow as snail. Even after I checked at the beginning of spring, my height rose only up to five and half feet.

Well, I'm still 13 years old. I still have rooms for growth but it's kind of frustrating as I have to look up just to face someone. Craning my head all the time is like a torture.

Not to mention...

"I see. Then allow me to remove you all for the sake of those wandering for their dreams."

Since they pissed me off, I'll just get rid of them!

I drew out a sword and swung it sideways. It's nothing more than a simple sword with average quality made from ordinary iron. It's a replacement for my partners, Tyrfingg and Tsukuyomi, were shattered beyond repair.

Though it's pretty heavy nonetheless. Ordinary humans would not be able to wield this properly, much less women if they don't live in a world with triple the force of gravity.

But seeing me setting a stance, the bandits laughed.

"Oy oy... is she serious?"

"Ha! A willful princess... She will be fun to toy with!!"

"Stupid... Do you think you can defeat us?!"

Well... just shut your mouths already. I'm not in the mood since I'm in my period. Sheesh, talk about troublesome thing.