Volume 4 Chapter 13 - I Encountered A Formidable Opponent

-Valden's POV-

".......A dream... Was it?"

Waking up from my slumber, I prepared myself to attend breakfast with the two delegates. Ever since they realized one of them vanished, they became suspicious and overly wary of my courses of action.

It cannot be helped. The fools knew no bound to send children for the sake of forming alliances. I assumed they intended to make this negotiation as a debut for these kids to enter aristocratic society.

A so-called plan which was more or less fail-proof, had I been more entertained.

Ever since I saw the three, I felt anger building up inside of me. Not due to how foolish the other kingdom's believed I would not harm them, but because they easily forgot of our monarchy's sufferings.

As I sat on the throne, I put an elbow on the armrest and supported my chin with the back of hand.

"How foolish. This is why pure breeds are..." I breathed out, almost sneering.

My aide told me that another conference will begin past afternoon. Until then, I am to deal with the mundane problems my people have.

Most were complains though. I know they wanted to get rid of these rude guests but some delivered me inquiries.

About what? It was related to the third one, the girl who's my rival's daughter.

Some suspected her as Iris. Some accused me as to sell her to humans for informal ceasefire. Some pleaded, wishing to see her out of guilt.

Truly. These people are bunches of fools.

First they ostracized her way in living. Then they demanded for her exile. Next they accused me of being a cruel ruler equal to a Tyrant for leaving her to die. Now they wanted to apologize.

None had the brightest mind, these failures who were born from failures. I guess this must be the fault in our bloodlines but I couldn't care less.

*crackle* A distant sound rang out in my ears.

I frowned and stood up. My aide went to me and asked.

"Your majesty, did something happen?" The Black Cat questioned.

"Gramven, coordinate with Urgvun and evacuate the citizen. Once done, bring out our guests through the backdoor while ensuring the prison is not harmed."

"Y-yes, your majesty... But what for-"

Right at that moment, the palace shook. With my hearing, I could detect movements entering my territory and havoc spread everywhere.

"How distasteful. Is this how you intend to greet a Divine Beast?"

I snorted and left the throne. Right at that moment, pulverizing scarlet tongue of flame descended at it. Burning it as well as heating the air as if I was in a volcanic mountain.

Gramven already fled before the flame poured down, but I gazed up once it died down.

"What do you want this time, Hizuki?" I asked. Contempt was within my words and I glared at the flying figure who's right above the hole of the ceiling.

Two red wings, strong arms with razor claws. A series of sharp crystals running down his back, his shoulders and his limbs. In addition, a long tail which possessed sharp external bones as if it was a living mace.

His face had matured. Looks like he also awakened his heritage which was Wrath of Drakelord.

Even though it was no more than an inferior subspecies of a dragon, the blood of his ancestor ran quite deep in him, huh? How troublesome.