Volume 3 Chapter 8 - Continuation

"Eh!? What kind of guy are you to be proficient in midwifery!?"

"Hah ha ha ha! Of all things and you asked that huh...? What an interesting girl!"

Teacher Ikki slapped his hips as he laughed uncontrollably. I was more or less astounded but once I tried to ask for help from the other students, they all shook their heads.

I turned to the man in kimono and he had already stopped laughing. Coughing once, he signaled me to sit down and so I did.

Because I was used to sit in formal position (seiza) thanked to my past experiences, it became easier to do it again and it's not like this wasn't the first time for me ever since I reincarnated.

"Well, it's nothing special but this place originally was owned by my wife. She taught the students swordsmanship daily and she often helped out to assist those in needs of assistance. You do know what assistance right?"

"Eh... so the female students who are interested in becoming wives asked for her guidance?"

"There's also the case where one of the few was pregnant out of youthful spite. It was supposed to be a side-job but then again, the two of us were the only teachers who taught true swordsmanship in this Academy. And this dojo is basically a school to learn only Sword Styles!"

I... see... Huh? Wait a minute... this flow of conversation sounded familiar...? Don't tell me--

"Unfortunately, ever since my wife passed away, I have become the sole teacher here. And it just so happened for me to be knowledgeable about midwifery."

"........uh... that..."

Somehow, the talk became serious... damn. I shouldn't have asked--

"That's why I thought of teaching students her swordsmanship and I became an expert in the field of midwifery because of boredom!!"

"Why are you stating that all with pride!? Eh, how did it even lead to that!!?"

Fu ha ha haaaaaaa! I'm the strongest! The man guffawed like a certain idiotic ice fairy but I really had the urge of escaping from this madness.

"...Hm...? Hold it... did you say that you are teaching swordsmanship limited for women, teacher....?"

"Yeah? What of it?"

...to be honest. I'm curious why there is something like that. Isn't swordsmanship free for all sexes to use? Or is there a definite difference between the Sword Style men use with the one women use?

If that is so... maybe I can become even stronger if I adopted this swordsmanship. In fact, I felt something was missing every time I swing my sword. Like... there's not enough power coming out or the sword shouldn't have moved this way... Yes. I feel I lacked or missed the crucial point in my sword.

Taking the pros and cons around, I closed my eyes and pondered. Then I reopened them and stared at Ikki.

"I want to learn it. Please allow me to become your student, Ikki-sensei."

"...hoo... not even a cloud of hesitation......"

The man put a hand under his chin as he smiled a smile full of interests. Then he clasped his hands and stood up.

"Alright! I'll teach you everything I know! But my training isn't so easy even if you are a sick person!!"

"Understood!"

"Then--use this rag and clean the dojo's floor. For the entirety of it."

"Understoo--wait, whaaaaaaaaatttt!?"