Volume 4 Chapter 15 - I.Lucked.Out?

Unexpected thing is called that because nobody expected it to happen.

For example, meeting a cat bus which flashed a wide grin.

Nobody would, in their wildest dream ever expected it to happen. Even in fantasy world, that kind of bus is more to creepy side rather than wondrous.

Also, it combined two different culture when the best thing that humans could make here is by far, clockwork and the likes. In Magnis, of course.

But anyway - unexpected thing is always my enemy as it never helped me.

Whenever troubles appeared, a twist in the process easily caught me off guard and almost sent me to heaven. Well, I died once whole being aware of it so it must be related with my never ending misfortune.

That's why... in a battlefield where everything is uncertain, something beyond my wildest imagination will surely hurt me. This time though, I felt like screaming as I gazed up at the sky.

Why? Because there's a meteorite? No... it's something simpler and smaller. The unexpected is descending and it's...

In the form of two men entangled together while hitting each other at point blank range.

"You damned shitty Emperor!!" A scaled beastman with a broken horn shouted out.

He threw a straight right and it hit thr feline beastman squarely. He faltered a bit but he raised a fist.

"You sex crazed salamander!!" The feline beastman lashed out.

He punched the winged beastmen at the solar plexus. The man's body bent and he vomited blood out yet he glared ahead.

Gripping the collar of the Emperor, the winged man with broken horn smashed his forehead against his. A loud sound could be heard along with a few faint cracks.

Blood splattered, bones breaking and flesh was torn yet the two did not stop hitting each other.

To be honest, they're amazing. They could still fight like that even with how insane their power was. I didn't even think a winner will appear and would have liked to watch it to the very end if I must.

But! A problem is a problem. The thing is...

"They're coming here!" Gram shouted out in panic.

He rushed to me, maybe to save me but it's too late.

"Eh? Eh? Eeeeeeeeehhh!!?"

The dumbfounded me. The slow me. I was able to measure how dire the situation was only when the two fighters approached me.

In their descent, they must have not thought about anything about TPO. The moment they heard my voice, they paused, then looked at me and-

" "Ah." "

*BOOM* *CRASHES*

And so - this kind of thing similar to when I was struck by a truck happened. And it damn hurts!!

"Ow... Uuu... what... what was... that..." I groaned in pain.

I was on the ground, feeling lightheaded and for some reasons, my vision was blurry. Uhh, and somehow, it feels heavy... what exactly happened?

I wanted to move but I can't. Though the back of my head was throbbing in pain, I didn't think anything was wrong with my body. Maybe if the mysterious heavyou feeling disappeared.

I rubbed my eyes, slowly getting used to the intensity of light. Bits by bits all became nnormal but...

".........eh?"