Volume 3 Chapter 17 - Unexpected Threat

Once. A flash of silver glistened and clashed with another silver flash. Sparks dyed with orange scattered as the collision occurred for times again.

"Hahaha! What's wrong?! What's wrong, wench? Can't keep up with me!?"

The noble kid who lorded over magic beasts and Celestial Monster said. His tone was loud and he seemed to enjoy swinging his rapier like a toy against another human.

In other words, me. I gritted my down my teeth, avoiding and deflecting the deadly stabs of the rapier as I continued to suppress the searing heat coming from my aching body.

*CLANG!* The rusty sword sang hoarsely upon collision with the rapier. I stared at the enemy who was smiling like a madman and i asked.

"Why are you doing this?"

"To teach you some lessons of course!"

"...and you don't mind that it will cause many other than me suffering?"

His smile never waned. I then heard a low growl and I quickly jumped back. In the place I was at earlier, another magic beast stood as a pawn of the nasty villain.

"Why should I care about them?" Spatula said. "If they're weak then it's a given for them to die like this!!"

*STAB!!* Suddenly he brought down his rapier and pierced the magic beast's head. The beast whined as blood gushed from the wound which was being turned and twisted by the rapier. However, I couldn't understand nor could I hide my shock for seeing such action.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled from the top of my lungs as my blood boiled upon seeing the brutality the bastard had done.

"This...! Is what happens to the weak!! With my power gifted by no one else than me!!"

The dying magic beast cried but Spatula did not let up on torturing it. He twisted the rapier and racked the pierced skull of the monster in delight and I roared him to stop.

"Who do you think you are? This all wouldn't happen had you surrendered to me."

"...what...."

The boy extracted the bloodied rapier from the magic beast. As the monster fell down it was kicked by him and the body flew over near me.

The hollow dull eyes were not moving. The body stopped twitching and died. Just like that... the magic beast died.

"Aren't you so full of yourself now? How does it feel to have the great Black Hero in your grasp, huh?"

The boy walked as if he had already measured the distance. Circling me and ignoring the storms of smoke created by the Asura a distance away from us, Spatula spoke again.

"Do you think you are strong? Do you think someone like you is powerful? A low rank noble such as you doesn't even have the right to call yourself as one!"

"...and? Is that why you're trying to get rid of me?"

"Getting rid of you? Me? Heheh... so you don't even realize your own 'value' huh....?"

...what does he mean? I questioned further but the boy did not respond with words. He simply laughed, and laughed with such tone I could only describe as noisy as well as disgusting.

"Well, it won't be fun if you don't at least know what you've angered." Spatula raised his empty hand and rummaged the inside of his coat and pulled a small object out.

That's... a crystal? No... it didn't look like one with how dark and lackluster the appearance was. I could say for sure it's not even one for I had an ominous impression of that stone--