Volume 4 Chapter 3 - I Fainted

-Fei's POV-

Yet another day is going to pass.

I breathed out when I remembered the small back of Charlotte that day. She seemed so fragile she would break but... I had nothing to say to ease her pains.

...as I thought, I'm not good enough for her.

After all, I'm nothing but a Vagnalos. The fact that I could think up ten steps ahead when reading the flow of battlefield never helped me in pleasing other people, much less entertaining women.

More like... I don't understand women. I don't get what they think about certain topics and they're hard to tell I think I want to give up. However, I can't.

"Not now. Not like this..." I clenched my fists and gazed up at the sky.

...I need more time. I've already decided so I can no longer be swayed by anything. What I must do is to go straight ahead. Simple to say but hard to do.

Even so, I will do it. Even if I have to kill them...

"Feliiiiiixxxx!!"

...damn. She found me. I looked behind me and there's a girl with odd hairstyle. I'm not sure how her hair spiraled like that but it's definitely an odd sight. Really odd.

"Now I'm repeating myself for three times... I guess it really is odd."

I put a hand on my face as the girl furrowed her brows and told me off. About what? Well, it's obviously about the council and various other things.

I did submit the formal reports about the incident to Luna but I had no reason to tell her that I chose Charlotte as my Oratoria. She would be in glee and I'm quite sure I won't like the outcome if the secret leaked out.

Other than that, only the student council knew my circumstance. Though Roland slumped down in his chair, Herbert laughed like mad, and only Chloe smiled like the usual. Should there be something worth to mention...

It's the fact that this fiery red haired girl became furious. I wonder if I should appease her wrath or flee from her?

...no. I mustn't do that. As long as she's a noble, I can't turn my tail and run from her. The way to repel threats coming from the nobles is to put a calm face and remaining unperturbed by storms. Just like how I deal with the annoying fat pigs trying to lick my shoes.

"And? Is there anything else?" I said without a hint of emotion.

Renleina was flabbergasted. She glanced around with her cheeks tinted red but I could see her agitation from her gestures. She's losing her cool, eh?

"If there's nothing, then I have to go--"

"W-wait! Please wait!!"

The redheaded girl grasped my sleeve and I furrowed my eyebrows.

...Tch. Now what...? I glared at her but Renleina being Renleina, she was trembling and she looked like a clown. I don't have time to waste for yet she's stalling me...

"Fe... Felix... are you close with Charlotte Augmund...?"

"Ha...?"

"I... I saw you carrying her in the Spring Incident. But... but, your expressions were like no other..."

Why? She asked. Mh... is she digging information about her? I can't say I'm correct but I felt a bad feeling about this.

One reason being that Charlotte is the heiress of the Augmund family. This fact is still kept quiet but some would probably remember vaguely about that household on the brink of ruin. I'm not even sure if it still existed since I rarely went to the royal palace, but it's still something I need to investigate before I took my leave.