Volume 3 Chapter 18 - Covenant

The monster with six arms and three faces. It was known as a unique species even among its race which was a subspecies of ogre. Man-eating creatures resembling demons.

I doubted its existence when Charlotte told me about it but... I guess I can't say it now. More than anything, I have no right to doubt her words and the truth in front of me. However, how and why could this being be here?

I glanced at the human who's fighting against Charlotte. He's the perpetrator of this incident so he must have a powerful backup. I must stay alert-

"ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!"

*CRASH!* A mace descended and crushed the spot I was in a moment earlier. Taking the chance, I pulled out the black sword which was the nemesis to all monsters bearing high regeneration.

However-another mace swept the ground and approaching me from the corner of my vision. I jumped and dodged it then a shadow fell over me which forced me to retreat quickly.

Another mace fell and smashed into the ground. I observed the six arms equipped with weapons flailing around but I knew it has no opening. This one isn't a typical Asura but a Warrior. Assuming other monsters being controlled by that human, this one acted by its own will to follow him.

"In other words... you also have the intelligence to plan out a strategy." I commented.

As long as I keep this fact in mind then I must never do reckless thing. Even if an Asura isn't any different than mindless monster but there's no way one could attack with precision as well as a chain of movement which flowed like a river.

Yes... this monster has been educated. And it's probably more dangerous than the Earth Spider of the 20th Floor. As I evaded the next batch of attacks, my left shoulder throbbed with searing heat. I frowned upon the large gash which was leaking more and more crimson fluid and I could sense my consciousness getting lighter.

"....Tch. I took too much damage." I complained while leaping to the left.

Because it's impossible for me to use Lagnaris and the fact that I'm near Charlotte caused me to suppress its influence stronger than ever. I knew it was stupid but I didn't want her of all people to know what I am.

...the tear she shed was more than enough to crumple my heart. The nightmares she had was more than enough to wound my mind. I don't want to destroy her dream. I don't want to hurt her anymore...!

"RROAAAAAAAAAAARRR!!"

The Asura howled as it swung down the weapons it held all at once. The ground shook, the air trembled and smokes filled the area surrounding us. I barely escaped that wide area attack and though a few flying stones grazed me, I was still capable enough to move my limbs.

The smoke and clouds of dust were blown away by a swing of the Asura's mace. I ducked and rolled to avoid it and I ran toward the monster which howled in agitation.

"Let's get this done already...!!" I gripped my sword tightly.

Focusing my gaze at one point, I inhaled a large amount of air and the world seemed to slow down once the enemy made its next move.

A mace was swung down diagonally and I responded by leaping to the side.

A sword came slashing at me and I leaned to the left. Completely avoiding it in a hair breadth.

A battle axe swept at me to severe my legs. I responded by jumping and landing on the wide steel surface before running along the long shaft of the axe.

I saw the eyes of the Celestial Monster widening. Surprising it and taking the chance, I jumped once my feet touched its fore arm.

"Variant Arts..." I muttered while spinning and diving down. "Windmill!!"