Volume Two Prologue - Miserable Luck...?

Well... simply put, it's a cycle of being born, living, dying and then reborn. And then repeat. The twist was that every time one would be reborn in the next life, depending on the karma he or she have amassed in their previous life, they would become something else befitting those deeds.

Kind of unfair? It could be said as such.

After all, the system meant some higher being judged one's deeds and tossed the soul into another vessel without questions. Still, being able to live like a mortal was far better than lazing around in afterlife like some NEET.

In other words--I who was reborn again am truly, very fortunate.

Why? Well... let me introduce myself again. My name was Akamaru Toribe. A man amongst men. A person that lived quite a fulfilling life despite suddenly being struck with a truck at the age of 17. However, I died because I protected someone important to someone else so I can't say I died unsatisfied.

Still, regrets might've remained. Even now, I still missed the days where I could fool around with my friends, especially with my little sister.

After I died, my soul was given an audience with a Goddess. She said that I could live again though the real reason was because the Goddess in charge of the dead in my country was still sulking out of divorce with her husband.

What a petty reason to have a strike.

But anyway, it happened. I reincarnated with my memories intact and now--I have been living in this fantasy world called Magnis for a straight seven years. I saw so many different things, gazed at different skies and discovered things that nobody could know back in my previous world. Well, except for the Gods and those who stayed in the shadows of the world.

Unfortunately, there's a twist here. I...... was reincarnated as a girl.

Yeah, I got it coming. Suddenly having silky smooth golden hair, delicate like mannequin figure, wide emerald eyes and cute rosebuds lips nearly annihilated all of my SAN points. Whoops, did I mention that despite that all, I was favored by the Goddess of Temptation and now I have over 100 Stat Points for Charms?

--You've gotta be joking. This is truly the worst circumstance which could be given to me.

Haiz... I want to cry now. And I--

"...Charlotte......" suddenly a boyish voice interrupted.

"What is it? I'm still in the middle of monologue here."

"Mono... what? At any rate, is the food done now?"

"Oh, right. Right right, here you go. Carry this to the table, Fei."

I dumped the black haired boy with steel grey eyes a big bowl filled to the brim with hot soup. The content was basically a meat stew with potatoes and carrots. The wafting scent was already delicious to make one drool but I snapped Fei back to reality with a light knock at the head.

"Hey! Move your body, not your eyes. And don't ogle it too much else your portions will be cut down."

"Ugh...... But this is... it really seems to be as delicious as you said."

"Then don't get a head-start. It's the sanpaku-eyed man from earlier who provided the kitchen and ingredients so..."

"Okay okay. I got it, alright. What's this 'sa-n-paku' thing?"

"Ah, hey! Don't run while holding the pot!! Oh, honestly!"

I sighed as I placed a palm on my forehead. Following that, the figure who was fiddling with the kitchen utensils behind me cracked a joke.