Side Story 4 - Anyone With 'Yan' Attached To Them Are Always Scary

"...soo... this is the place?"

Haru-san pushed up his spectacles and struck a pose. To be honest, you do look cool had you not introduced to us the source of your reference...

Still, I nodded down. Turning to my comrades, we're setting off toward one of the nests of the enemy faction.

More specifically, we're going to infiltrate and destroy a project which seemed to make an artificial recreation of the end of Ragnarok - Muspelheimmr's flame.

According to Freyja-sama, the finale is all about total massacre with the World Tree burned to ashes. And only two victors can be claimed as the winner.

Of course I don't like the sound of it. Even more, Freyja-sama informed us that the current Ragnarok is not supposed to end like before. The gods apparently wanted to find a new ending even they could not predict.

Still... with these core members, I don't think we have any place to be reassured.

Wind blows, bringing cold air and snows to us. I exhaled and a cloud of white breath formed in front of me before dissipating.

This place is cold... Why do we have to go all the way to the North Pole...?!

And aren't we dressed too lightly with just school uniforms and casual clothes!!? Aah, if only my alternative battle dress isn't damaged from previous fight...

"By the way, Arikacchi, what do you think of that bastard's plot?" Haru-san suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"We'll... he intends to reverse the thermal energy of the planet core as substitute of a grand magic. Why?"

Mh... as if I'd know about that. Rather, why is Haru-san asking me something so difficult? I don't even know what should I say about it...

"Maybe because of Fenrir?" Akashi-San conjectured. "He probably intend to give him more power so that he can 'eat the world'."

Ah. That could be the case.

"But they already have an improved Jormunganndr and Hel. Each of them can easily destroy the world many times...."

Fukaki-san fell into deep thought. Uuh... I feel downhearted too as we encountered him once. We practically stood no chance had Akashi-san did not arrive with his perfected Divine Weapon.

Now that I think about it... I'm the weakest in this group with how my power originate from a Valkyrie rather than a deity. I lack power and my abilities are so-so as of now.

Uuu... I feel depressed just knowing but no! I can't be this way!! I'm the leader so the survival of everyone is in my hands!!

"I have to stay confident!!" I fired up but I felt my shoulder being grabbed from behind.

"Eh--"

In the next moment, I bumped against someone's back and fell to my butt. It hurts...!

"H-Haru-san...!? What was that... for...?"

I looked upward and was stupefied. Everyone was doing the same and their eyes turned round at the sight.

"...what the hell... since when did this...?"

In front of us... in this North Pole where there shouldn't have been anything like civilization...

There. There is a massive structure towering to the heaven. It was a tower with abnormal design, uneven parts and seemingly so ethereal for even existing.

At the sight... even Haru-san who's well known as a prodigy grinned weakly.

"Looks like... someone actually made an orbital elevator without the appropriate knowledge. This has gone too crazy for me..."