Volume one Chapter 3 - A Lesson In Life

It was as if I was in clouds if not in the fluffiest bed. The warm softness which seemed to envelop my entire body eased my mind and I didn't feel any discomfort. I then rested my head against the soft thing I was laid into.

Ah... so warm... I think I can sleep for eternity if it's like this. As I thought such thing, I heard a distant sound.

Almost inaudible, and extremely faint.

*RING!* The chiming sound echoed slightly louder. This time, my ears clearly heard it and a question arose in my head.

Who is it? Who's there...? Why are you ringing the chime?

As if that someone heard it, a feminine laughter appeared. It was melodious and whimsical like a breeze of wind in the middle of spring.

"That's three questions, Child. You are really like a child despite your soul maturity."

......ah... It seems... my thought was conveyed. I see... if so... then we are talking right now, or... this is me speaking even though I can't hear my own voice...

"Half correct. You simply haven't remembered how to talk in this realm. Though Freyja did have a hand so that you're conscious here."

Hm...... I'm sleepy... so... can we wrap this up quickly....?

"Certainly. Your soul hasn't Synchronized completely. Maybe after two or three years but after that is up to your willpower. Also your heart."

...Syn...chronized......?

"Are you listening? You shouldn't mess up since you will be prone to dangers. Especially if some fellows noticed your situation."

...oh... I... see...... Un... okay...

"...you're still unstable. I guess I should say it's as expected but... Hm. Since Helios is busy capturing Irnia... Alright then!"

With a tone which seemed as if a person gained 'Eureka' moment... the voice became louder and-

"Because you've just initiated a Connection with a Vagnalos, I'm pretty sure you're shaken up so I'll erase the part where you made Connection until he opens up to you!"

......ha...? Before I knew it, light blinded me and everything turned pure white.

"See you later! I'll add a bonus since you're my follower too!!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

...I opened my eyes and I saw the familiar ceiling of my room. Uhm... Why am I here...? Somehow, I think I did something worth for me to have an identity crisis... Uhm... What happened...? My last memories before sleeping was me thanking that grey-eyed boy and... nothing else. I couldn't remember why, or what had transpired!!

"...maybe because I was still sick at the time... Really, illness can jumble up memories, eh...?"

I rose up from bed and I swayed around. My body feels heavy but it's not so much... Instead, I feel... lighter as I traced the blanket with my hands.

I looked at myself and it seemed... I was wearing a gown. Wait, why a night gown...? Who changed me--ah, mother usually did whenever I was sick.

I never tried to touch this kind of dress since it's half-transparent, not to mention those in wardrobe were really, really too much for a gentleman like me. Mother gave them to me as they were her old possession but still... Why? Where did she get them? And the quality seemed too high for things sewn by local tailors.