Volume 3 Chapter 16 - The Mastermind Shows Up!

Because there were loud sounds and tremors which echoed in the Dungeon, it's pretty easy to know the direction and even I who was slightly under the weather could recognize them. Though saying that-

"...I didn't expect myself to be carried with piggyback ride." I commented softly.

"What's wrong?" Fei glanced to me.

"No, it's nothing." I answered before sighing in my mind.

To be honest, I'm not fit enough to walk much less fighting but moving together was far better than leaving each other to our own devices. While there was a sense of shame for being carried like this, I remembered the times when I carried Arika in the same way.

...it's unexpectedly nice. No wonder she often smiled gleefully and I had that kind of feeling as I looked to the front. Hm... If only my illness hadn't relapsed then we could've gone faster...

"...sorry. Relying on you right at the start even though I said all that."

"It's fine. I'm your knight so I will uphold my duty as one."

I curved down my lips hearing Fei's words. An odd sensation of warmth spreading in my body as my heart fluttered. Leaning my body to his back further, I circled my arms around his neck slightly tighter. Fei didn't seem to mind it since he said nothing but I got the feeling he's flustered if not blushing now.

The small trip ended upon leaving the staircase which connected the 18th Floor and the 17th Floor. I recognized the place being nearly the same as the 4th Floor excepting the vast empty space with less to no pillars around.

A hemispheric ceiling illuminated with shining crystals and ores fueled by the mana fed from the mana vein under the Dungeon made the Floor looked beautiful if not ethereal.

"This place is the common ground for new students to mine ores." Fei explained. "Since magic catalysts and crafting materials are necessary for various things it's a popular destination for all Courses students."

Hee... don't tell me it's because of the mined materials' quality? I don't think people want to stay long for common ores here. Assuming what Fei said was right, then this Floor must be full of goo-

*BOOM!!* A cloud of dust flew as I saw a gigantic figure smashed to the wall. Breaking apart crystals and ores into chunks, the figure groaned as I heard a familiar roar.

"Die!!"

The black figure pressed to the wall was hammered with powerful fists which made the sound of breaking bones. It trembled while howling in anguish yet it was unable to do anything once the boy smashed his fist again.

"Raaaaaaaaaaah!!"

...Uwa. He's rapidly punching it as if treating the monster as a sandbag. And he's so fast the enemy couldn't react till its last breath.

After I watched the brutal scene in dazes, the boy stained with blood and flesh spitted to the side while complaining.

"The third Asura. Hmph, and here I thought the last one standing was the strongest."

"...He's a moron, that battle maniac."

"Please don't just insult my little brother even if that's true..."

"Oh, I see... wait, what? Since when did you have a little brother, Charlotte?"

Urgh. I don't want to explain that for now so I hushed Fei to let me down. Once I tried to stand upright I wobbled and Fei assisted by holding my hands.

Then, the boy named Leonhardt turned to us and he dropped his jaws.

"...eh? Big... sister...?"

"Oh, hi! I'm back, Leon!!"