Volume 4 Chapter 4 - Am I Unneeded...?

...huh...? Now where am I again...?

I looked around but only vast white space was around. The ceiling was pure white, the floor was made of white, and not even a shadow was cast by my body here which estranged me.

I wasn't sure where but it felt like I knew where I was, to the point of it easing my mind. It allowed me to relax so I decided to sit down, feeling some kind of fluffiness and warmth similar to kotatsu under me.

To those who doesn't know, kotatsu is the spirit of Japanese people. The comfy cushion, the electric mat, and the heater installed under the table was something one'd die for. It's something so amazing I would want to have in Magnis but as if I can make one right away...

In any case, I enjoyed this enlightening sensation alone and a chime rang.

"...great. Why do I have to see you again here, O Goddess?"

I muttered under my breath but the figure strode over to me in a carefree manner. Her hips swayed and her bountiful chests jiggling shamelessly. I'm irritated by those watermelons but I knew how it felt to be burdened by them.

Still... Fei often ogled women like her and he even dared to peep on mother when I bathed with her. Of course, father was in cahoot too and they deserved a good smack in the heads and butts.

"You've become quite cold... Did something happen, Child?" Vainticel asked. Her alluring smile still looking so tempting.

"If it can be called as trouble, then, by all means." I snorted and looked away from the irritating sight.

...why am I getting annoyed? Shouldn't my best reaction be interests? I glanced at myself and then to the Goddess of Temptation.

I had a body that could be said as ordinary to the finest. Except the slightly-larger-than-average chests, I don't have any distinctive beauty even when exposed naked. Comparing myself with other women like Renleina or Vainticel-sama is as if comparing a bronze with diamond.

...It can't be... Am I jealous of her figure...? What am I? A girl meeting a love rival who is a Hollywood actress?

"You are a girl, Child. You have always been one, in fact."

"Please don't just read my mind like that... and I wasn't a girl in my previous life."

"Are you sure?"

"Do I have to mention it when you're reading my mind?"

I visualized the previous me reflected in the mirror. Those dark hair, dark pupils and sharp gaze with a fit figure albeit shorter than average Japanese youth. Vainticel nodded down twice and she said.

"Hm... If that is what you think. I guess it's fine if you condition yourself with that notion until you are as old as 'that version' of you."

...what...? I inclined my head and gave my patron goddess a questioning gaze. Unfortunately, my mind was dissolving into the white scenery. My body grew weaker and heavy, and my eyelids were heavy to keep open...

"You might not notice it, but don't you think your situation warrants a thoughtful recognition?" Vainticel said.

"...what... do you... mean...?" I asked while having my mind corroded by drowsiness.

The black haired lady exhaled, and she looked at me with pity. What... what are you...

"Well... as you can see, this place is the hall where souls take forms befitting their true identities regardless of their wills."

...and...?

"Normally, if a man is dead, his soul here will take the form of his teenage appearance. No one is under exception, and even the Evil God would be exposed bare here."