Volume Two Epilogue - New Entrance

-???'s POV-

The world is vast. A lot of beings and miracles blended together in it. Creating endless songs which resounded with each other. So many creation was born. So many destruction was born. The life and death of a mortal. The birth and erasure of an immortal.

The river known as Time brought many boats sailing in it. One by one, they reached a shore. Another sank. And the other ceaselessly sailing as if accompanying the river till it reached the ocean where the end and beginning became one.

Nothing was predetermined. Nothing was determined by one truth. All possessed eternity yet most of them could only pick one path to follow. Those who looked forward to the uncertain future. Those who turned for the past. And those who stood at the threshold of the present.

Once again, a tale was spun. And once again, a tale ended. Here was the place where nothing existed. And yet, in this nothingness, everything existed. Yes, everything.

A story started from a humble beginning. A legend began with a sword pulled by the chosen one. A romance was initialized once the prince and the princess took each other's hand. But there was no story that continued without troubles.

It didn't matter even if the trouble was a trivial matter. It didn't matter even if the problem was a solvable case. A story... could not exist without a shares of mischief. Like a wind which cornered a ship from sailing smoothly.

Was it coincidence? Was it fate? Was it destiny for everyone to possess troubles in their stories? Nobody knew the truth other than the truth itself. Even if various theories were raised. Even if thousands of years of researches were started to hunt down the answer. In the end... There was no actual answer to provide everyone's satisfaction.

Therefore, a being questioned.

"-why is a trouble needed for a story?"

The desire to know the truth was not wrong. At the very least, it was a commendable desire even if it demanded a great sacrifice. But mortals often saw the truth as a menace.

Because it was ugly, they rejected it and despaired.

Because it was harmful, they turned their backs and fled to not be harmed.

Because it was cruel, they comforted their selves with false hopes and warm lies.

However, even that was what making a story as entertaining. Most did not notice but they sought for a miracle. They desired for something which enticed their peaceful beginning to take a sudden turn. They wanted a change. A problem to look at life in a different way. A change, great enough to appease their narrow minds even though they never asked for it. A small hope to be a little different.

There were of course some who wanted no part with problems. Most, if not all saw problems as something which would bother them. A thing which would drag them away from their comfort. An evil which was capable of taking everything they held dear.

Because of that, people despaired. Because of that, everyone grieved. Because of that, all despised problems which would become tragedies for their stories.

But now-let's take a different view on this spice of a story.

It is true problems provided hatred. It is true that many were unhappy because of them. It is also the truth that most ships could never reach their destinations because of these emotionless winds.

But without them, no story could ever be entertaining. There would never be a story where the prologue and epilogue be different. There would never be a story where the life of the people written in a story developed so much to be able to entwine with one another.