Volume 4 Chapter 7 - I Questioned Myself

After a month of travel, I started to see the sky growing whiter if not grayish. With the first white flake floating down, I breathed out and uttered.

"Winter..." I gazed up after I stepped down from the carriage.

In front of me was a tall stone gate, resembling the great walls of China with its uneven design stretching from the left to the right as far as eyes could see. It took a few days to arrive from the last place we stopped at and it required many detours to arrive at the main gate made from thick steel comparable to tungsten.

The guards standing by the gate presented themselves and greeted us upon noticing the emblem carved on the carriage. It basically gave out our identity as it's imbued by magic ink and Runes. Now we can pass, but...

They have something attached on their heads and back! What the heck are they!? Animal ears?!!

"Did the letter not inform you we intended to bypass into the South Territory?" Elliot asked.

"I wasn't informed of it!!" I replied with a shout.

Why!? How?! Why does my first time in Questing resulted in me going over to another Territory!? This is just sudden, and it's something hard to swallow when I was shoved with a greeting from beastmen on the get go!

It doesn't introduce them well! What the hell were you doing in your sleep, Author-sama!!?

Suddenly I heard a snort and I turned to the elven princess who was crossing her arms and sustaining those water melons of hers. Annoying! Stop showing off those damn balloons!!

The guards came over to us and Elliot was the one who greeted them. Hmm...? They looked surprised and frantic. Have they met Elliot before?

"Our apologies, but the invitation your highness has given to us only mentioned three guests, including your highness himself." A man with brown fox ears and sharp canines said.

Normally, I would have groaned at how they could not tolerate an addition of one more guest. As expected of the nobles, there were too many inflexible people with stones in their heads.

It's fortunate that I was used it, but dealing with the noble kids' daily necessities had become a real chore. Other than that, Elliot was not so good in hunting properly with a sword.

According to him, Aeinsland's hunters often used bows as they were the sacred items offered by the Hunting Goddess Ederfelt with promises in gaining fruitful hunts. Elliot even boasted (which he rarely did, according to Seina) that he could hit a target more than 300 meters away with ease.

Sadly, Elliot's bow was broken, squashed by the fallen tree which ruined his carriage so the claim became invalid.

Then, Seina was... as I had expected, she's uncooperative. Very much so. I didn't doubt her arrogance but she's been avoiding me for a while. The only times we were together would be when we bathed together but...

"Somehow, it didn't excite me anymore." I ran a hand over my head.

While it did cause a few anxious thumps, I felt nothing even when we were stark naked. I did burn the image into my memories but rather than arousal... I was downright jealous.

The girl herself possessed slender legs, plentiful hips and butt, thin waist and also ample breasts. But... her height which was not so tall and not so short but still a head taller than me annoyed me as it completed her well-endowed figure to unimaginable height.

If Fei were to meet her... I have to blind him or he will ogle her as long as he could.

"No, wait...! Why am I thinking like that!?" I held my head and cursed my foolishness!