8. Victoria and the Letter

Victoria sat at the Ravenclaw table picking at the food on her plate as she waited patiently for the owls to make their daily delivery. Typically, Victoria only received mail on Wednesdays from her family and sometimes her mentor. She wasn't the only one waiting for mail today though. Every student in fifth year and a few students in sixth year were waiting excitedly. Today was the first day of November and that meant that the ministry would be sending out soulmate letters. 

As her friends chatted excitedly, she couldn't help but find her eyes drawn to the loud group of boys sat at the Gryffindor table. James was starting to get his groove back or it seemed that way at least. James couldn't wait for his letter; he was ready to find his soulmate. His person, other half, love of his life. All the boy had ever wanted was to be in love. He was talking excitedly with Sirius who looked like he could care less about finding his soulmate and Remus who was laughing at a terrible joke Peter had made. 

The hall went silents as the flock of owls flew into the room. A small brown and white speckled owl landed in front of Victoria sticking its leg out for her to take the letter. Victoria pets the small owl feeding it a piece of toast as she grabbed the letter. Once the owl flew off, she quickly ripped it open like the rest of her classmates. Confusion painted her features as she read it though. 

Dear Ms. Victoria M. Hearts 

We hope this letter finds you well and helps you on your search for your soulmates. Your first hint or hints are as follows:

1) 5th year

2) Their middles names are:

 Fleamont

Orion

John

Enjoy your day and good luck searching!

Ministry Marriage and Soulmate Department,

Melissa Embers

Victoria's mouth fell open as she read the letter again. and again. and again, before she finally shoved the letter into her bag and rushed out of the Great Hall. three soulmates?!?! Three!! Who in the bloody hell thought it was okay to give her three soulmates! the thoughts running through her head captured her and her legs carried her to Professor Dumbledore's office. She didn't even realize she was walking there until she stood in front of his door. She knocked on the door receiving a soft 'come in' in response. 

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Ms. Hearts?" Dumbledore asked with a soft smile as she walked into the room taking a seat in a large plush purple chair in front of his desk. 

"I came to speak to you about my letter." She said with a blank face as she pulled out the paper from her bag placing it on the man's desk. 

"Ahh, of course. I was expecting you to have questions." He said examining to paper closely through his half-moon spectacles. 

"I'm not sure how this soulmate thing works but there must have been a mistake sir. There's absolutely no way I have three soulmates." Victorias said frantically. 

"I assure you there's been no mistake. You do have three soulmates Ms. Hearts." He said with a slight smile as he looked at the paper and back at the girl. 

"Okay well can you give me any idea about who these people are then?" She asked irritably. 

"Well, I won't tell you who they are, but I'll simply say you know one of them, pretty well in fact. He is an old friend after all." He replied with a kind smile and a mischievous glint in his eye before dismissing the girl. Victoria rushed off to her first class of the day and all she could think about were Dumbledore's words.

The day dragged but Victoria sat at dinner with May, Renee and Alex who were all excitedly discussing their letters. 

"You were right." Victoria said in a quiet voice. The three of them turning to look at her confused. "I have three soulmates." she looked between the three making eye contact with Alex who choked on his pumpkin juice at her words. 

"Merlin's beard" he said as he coughed up his drink before wiping his mouth.  May rubbed his back soothingly. 

"Is that why you freaked out and left this morning?" Renee asked eagerly. Victoria nodded explaining her conversation with the headmaster. Her friends listened eagerly until a taunting voice spoke from behind her. 

"I feel bad for your soulmate Hearts. If I were you, I'd stop eating. They'll reject you." Sirius said with a smirk and a laugh as his eyes took in the girls sitting figure.  Victoria rolled her eyes irritated by the boy's words. 

"Whatever Black. If you can't handle a woman, just say that." The blonde said looking the boy up and down with a blank face. Sirius scoffed as James and Remus chuckled slightly behind. 

"You're not a woman Hearts you're a pig." He sneered stepping closer to the girl as she stood up. She flashed him a sweet smile as she looked up into the boys piercing grey eyes. His breathe caught in his throat as she looked up at him through her lashes. Her eyes were a mixture of blue and green that caused a burning sensation in his stomach. His body felt warm, and he could feel the blood pulsing in his veins. The feeling left him confused and dazed.

"Keep telling yourself that but I think we both know how you really feel Sirius." She spoke in a slight whisper her tone suggestive. Her eyes grazed over Sirius's figure. His lips were slightly parted, and he looked dazed almost in a trance like state as he watched the girl. She gave him one last innocent look before sending him a wink and walking out of the Great Hall. The boy watched her fleeting figure. Her friends quickly scrambled to catch up with her, covering their faces whispering to one another.

Sirius was quickly brought out of his daze at the sound of their laughter. He jumped turning quickly to see Remus looking at him awkwardly. Sirius sent him a confused frown causing Remus to chuckle.

"For someone who hates her you seem really excited to see her pad's" Remus said awkwardly coughing and gesturing to his lower half. Suddenly Sirius could feel the tightness of his pants and realization quickly dawned on him. The boy quickly covered himself with his bag rushing out of the Great Hall.