1. Victoria and the flirts

"VIC!"  Renee yelled loudly as she attempted to get the blonde's attention. Victoria quickly said goodbye to her parents before rushing off to hug her best friend. Renee was a short girl with dark brown long curly hair and bright blue eyes. She was slightly tan from the summer sun and had freckles that dusted across her nose. She was a beautiful girl with an infectious smile. 

"Took you long enough, don't mind me over here just screaming like a banshee." Renee said sarcastically with a smile as she tackled her into a bear hug. "Oh, shut it. I'm here now let's go find the others." 

As Renee and Victoria separated, they quickly picked up their trunks dropping them off at the luggage cart and making their way onto the train. The blonde had physically matured over the summer. She had always been a heavier girl, but the summer seemed to do her well as puberty finally did its job. She had not only developed but also slimmed down a bit in the proper places giving her body a more hourglass shape. Her stomach still held onto some chub but most of the childhood weight had disappeared, which apparently wasn't much. Her face had become slightly sharper in its features and her dirty blonde waves had grown well past her waist. And while these changes may have gone unnoticed by her, it very clearly did not go unnoticed by her school mates as they walked down the hall receiving one too many looks. 

When the girls finally found the compartment containing their friends, they rushed to give hugs and ask about their summer breaks. Renee had gone to France with her family. May, a pale girl with pin straight black hair and hazel eyes, had stayed home but added more butterflies to her collection. She was a more relaxed girl with a far off look in her eye that most people felt uncomfortable with, but Victoria loved the girl and her oddness. Alex, a tall boy with fluffy brown hair and brown eyes, had cousins who came over from the states to visit. He was very much the gossip queen. Alex and May were an unlikely duo, but you never saw one without the other. Victoria didn't do much outside of the norm.  Her life revolved around music. 

As the four continued to chat excitedly catching up and talking about their upcoming classes the compartment door had slid open. Upon the sound of it opening a spunky blonde Gryffindor had made her way in, plopping into the seat next to Victoria. 

"Hey V, how was your summer?" Marlene McKinnon said with a flirtatious smirk as her eyes grazed over the girls sitting figure. 

"It was well and yours?" Victoria said giving the girl a warning look. 

"It was good, would have been much better with your company though." Marlene continued to flirt disregarding the girl's tone. Soon a red head quickly took the seat on her other side and Victoria suddenly felt like the compartment was much too small for six guests. 

"What, don't I get a hello?" Lily Evans asked with a playful sad tone. Victoria looked over at the Emerald eyed girl giving her a small smile before saying hello. Lily Evans and Marlene McKinnon loved to play with Victoria Hearts. The playful flirting was a never-ending game between the three although Victoria didn't typically play along. It was more like two against one. 

"I'm sure Potter is looking for you dear Lily-Flower." Victoria said sarcastically causing the red head to scowl in response. She giggled as the redhead huffed before sending Marlene a quick wink that went unnoticed by Victoria. 

"You should come sit with us darling. I'm sure your friends won't mind plus Alice would love to see you." Marlene said giving the girl a dazzling smile. As Victoria went to open her mouth Renee and Alex quickly spoke. 

"She would love to go with you!" they said in unison sending Victoria a wink and quickly shoving the three out of the compartment. Victoria scowled as she was pushed out with the red head and blonde who were discreetly high fiving behind her. 

"Lead the way." Victoria said annoyed. Lily quickly stepped in front of the girl grabbing her hand and lacing their fingers together. 

As Lily lead the girl to their compartment Marlene followed closely behind the pair. On the way to the compartment another door slid open. James Potter of course had to step out of the compartment when Victoria was walking past. 

"Lily-flower! I've been looking all over for you, I found Alice, but she said you were off looking for someone with McKinnon." He said with a smile as he gazed down at the scowling red head. Victoria snickered as she had remembered saying that James would be looking for the girl. That quickly caught James's attention as he looked behind Lily to find Victoria Hearts. 

His eyes trailed down the girl's figure and back up his previous smile turning into a scowl. No one knew exactly why but James had never liked the blonde Ravenclaw. Victoria herself didn't even know why. She knew why she hated James Potter though, because he consistently insulted her and bullied others. He was an arrogant prick according to Victoria. 

"Yup we found her now move Potter." Lily said harsh. She never liked James. Not just because he was a bully and constantly harassed her but also because he was a boy.  

"Oh, come on Lily-Flower, ditch Ms. piggy and her girlfriend and come hang out with me." James said with a charming smile as he leaned against the wall blocking Lily's way. Victoria's gaze dropped and suddenly her shoes were very interesting. Marlene placed her hand on the girls lower back comforting her knowing she was uncomfortable. 

"How dare you speak about her like that!" Lily yelled as she stepped closer getting in the boy's face. She practically had steam coming from her ears as the girl's face turned the shade of her hair. Lily was scary when she was angry. 

"Oh, come on its not like no one else thinks it Evans." James said defensively. Lily scoffed and opened her mouth to speak but was quickly interrupted by Victoria. 

"It's not worth it Lily. let's just go please." Victoria pleaded quietly with the red head girl. Lily nodded and grabbed the girl's hand again shoving James out of her way. Marlene Followed closely behind giving the boy a dirty look as she passed. 

Lily quickly found their compartment grabbing her seat by the window pulling Victoria with her. Victoria sat next to the red head as Marlene took the seat next to Alice. The four girls talked and caught up with one another. Lily was excited for the upcoming year. After all, fifth year was the year everyone was supposed to find their soulmates. Marlene didn't care and Alice was already certain about who her soulmate was. The only person not excited was Victoria Hearts.