7. Victoria and Frog Attacks/Dates

Victoria woke up early for a Saturday morning. It wasn't for nothing though, she wanted to put her best foot forward on this date. She wasn't sure what would take place but there's only so much to do in Hogsmeade anyway. She wore a large blue and grey sweater with a pair of dark wash jeans and white trainers. Her blonde waves were pulled into a high ponytail with a few strands framing her face. She looked nice as she added the finishing touches a silver necklace with her initial on it, a ring or two on her fingers and a pair of stud earrings. 

In a last-ditch effort to not be late she grabbed a small purse that held her money before dashing out of her dorm. As she left Ravenclaw tower and made her way to the great hall for breakfast with her friends she couldn't help the chill that was creeping up her spin. She chalked it up to nerves about her date and went on her way. 

As the girl went to walk through into the great hall she was stopped by James Potter. 

"You don't wanna walk through those doors." He said a firm grip on her forearm as he looked at her. His face was blank, but his eyes were filled with worry. Her brows were furrowed in confusion as she looked at the boy suspiciously.

"Why?" she questioned in a whisper. 

"I can't tell you why, but just know that it isn't a good idea." He said in a hushed voice before letting the girl go and walking away. He could walk away without guilt now that he had warned her. He could feel his hand tingling from touching her and he was confused by it. 

Victoria shook it off not bothering to wonder why Potter was "warning" her and against his advice walked into the great hall. As soon as she stepped in something or more like a lot of things fell on her. Frogs. so many slimy green frogs surrounded her and all that came out of her mouth was a blood curdling scream as she fell to the ground trying to get them off and away from her. Her body was shaking violently as she flailed around because of the frogs. 

She couldn't hear anything but her own screaming, but she was sure the entirety of the great hall was laughing as she panicked, tears pricking in her eyes. 

The teachers had got to work in getting rid of the frogs. Lily remaining true to her word ran to the girl's rescue, vanishing any and every frog that came near Victoria. As McGonagall and Moore finished getting rid of the frogs Lily had pick the blonde up hugging her into her chest. 

"It's okay love, they're gone. It's okay now." Lily said reassuringly to the shaking girl in her arms. Lily looked around the room trying to find the culprit and of course she found Sirius Black shaking from laughter. As anger rose in the red heads body, she sat Victoria down with her friends reassuring that she would be right back. As soon as she was free from the girl, she moved faster than anyone had ever seen before.

"THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM BLACK?" she bellowed out causing the entire hall to fall silent. Sirius stood there with wide eyes as the red head stepped closer to him bringing her face close to his. 

"You think it's funny terrorizing someone?" She asked in a dangerously low voice. The boy gulped loudly fear filled his body as Lily whipped her wand out pressing it into the boy's throat. 

"I told you not to fuck with my girl" she whispered before stepping back and hexing the boy. When she felt satisfied with her work, she turned away accepting her detention from McGonagall and sat next to Victoria. That morning was the first time Victoria Hearts wished she had listened to James Potter. 

After the frog attack, the day seemed to go well. Lily took the girl to Hogsmeade stopping at many stores. Lily Evans was determined to make sure she had a good day not only was she worried about landing another date, but after the mornings events she wanted to make sure she was okay. As they left the music store Lily was carrying a few small bags filled with books, clothes, class supplies, and now sheet music.

"You don't have to carry all of that." Victoria sighed crossing her arms as she looked at the girl who was beaming. 

"I want to, especially since you rarely let me pay today." Lily replied with a small scowl as she looked at the girl. 

"I have more money than I know what to do with, you don't need to pay." the blonde defended as they started walk. "Plus, I let you pay for the sweater and one of my books." 

"But you also bought music stuff." Lily started before promptly being cut off.

"Which is for work, you don't need to buy my work supplies." the blonde shot back with a huff. Lily rolled her eyes but continued.

"You also bought quills and parchment. You could have at least let me pay for that." Victoria rolled her eyes realizing she wasn't going to win the argument. 

"Fine but not next time. Next time it's on me." Lily smiled brightly looking at the girl. 

"So, there's going to be a next time?" She asked with a smirk. Victoria shrugged.

"If you want there to be." She replied a light blush dusting her cheeks she suddenly wondered where they were going. 

"I think I'd like that, Hearts." Lily said with a smirk before grabbing the girl's hand and bringing her towards the lake where she had left a picnic basket earlier that day.  They walked for a while before they had made it to their destination. A large red checkered blanket laid on the ground. A large bouquet of flowers sat on top of a wicker basket that laid in the center of the blanket. 

"What is all of this?" Victoria asked softly. 

"A picnic, I may or may not have gotten help from a friend too." Lily chuckled as she put down their bags before grabbing the girl's hands and walking her towards the blanket. 

"You didn't have to do all of this." the girl looked at the red head taking a seat on the blanket. Lily sat next to her with a smile. 

"I know but I wanted to, and these are for you." She replied grabbing the flowers off the basket handing them to the blonde. She could see the tears welling up in the girl's eyes and suddenly felt a wave of nerves hit her. "I'm sorry do you not like them?" she asked slightly panicked. 

"No, no I love them." Victoria replied with a chuckle, blinking back tears. "I just can't believe you went through all this trouble for me." she gestured to everything around them. 

"I'd do anything for you." Lily said with a sigh as she gazed dreamily at the girl. Victoria burst into laughter. 

"Stealing lines from Potter now, are you?" She said as she tried to stop laughing. Lily shook her head rolling her eyes, but her smile betrayed her. 

"What can I say the boy's a poet." Lily replied causing them both to crack up laughing. 

The girls ate an assortment of cheeses, pastries, and fruit enjoying one another company. Lily was happy. The date was going great, and she felt more confident than ever as she watched the girl in front of her skip rocks on the water's surface. The sky was turning many shades of orange and pink. There were a few hints of purple throughout, and the setting sun had created a halo around the girl.  

"You're staring" the angelic voice of Victoria Hearts said as she sat next to her. 

"Can you blame me?" lily replied in a whisper. It wasn't intentional but she worried that if she spoke too loudly that it'd ruin the moment. Victoria chuckled as she looked at the girl. 

"You know I fulfilled your demands." Lily said with a cheeky smile. Victoria giggled before turning dramatically to look at the girl. 

"Why yes of course. This date has been absolutely fantastic Ms. Evans" Victoria said in a posh voice causing Lily to roll her eyes again. "You did also save me from those wretched frogs." 

"Mm, that I did my fair lady." Lily agreed playing along with the girl's dramatics. "A handkerchief shall not satisfy me this time my love." The girl said with a smirk. 

"I didn't think it would, but I think a kiss would suffice?" Victoria asked bashfully her gaze landing on the red heads lips. 

Without hesitation Lily Evans pressed her lips softly to Victoria's. Victoria pulled the girl in closer deepening the kiss and all Lily Evans could do was smile into it. Lily Evans believed in that moment she could die happy.