20. Victoria and Sound Waves

Victoria and John had plans to go to the recording studio today and she would be lying if she said she wasn't excited. She dressed comfortably in her favorite blue sweater and black pants before rushing downstairs to meet John. She stalled at the bottom of the stairs when she heard arguing. 

"Mia I really don't think this is a good idea. The boys have tormented her enough plus this is work. She needs to be able to focus." John argued as Mia sat on the couch sending James and Sirius a glare. 

"They're soulmates John. They need to work through this. Plus, it would be good for the boys to get out of the house today and maybe they can learn some respect and learn more about her!" Mis argued back. 

"It's a piece of parchment! that hardly means they have to be together" John said with furrowed brows.

"That parchment didn't determine their match it simply informed them. They were made for each other, they won't be fulfilled without one another, and you know it! You're a prime example. Your fear kept you from your soulmate and you tell us all the time how much you regret it! Why would you want that for her?"  Mia said raising her voice slightly. James and Sirius shared a look with one another as the two adults glared at each other. 

"Ready to go?" Victoria said plastering a fake smile across her face as she walked into the room and out of her hiding spot. Mia and John smiled at her pretending as if nothing happened. 

"Of course, let's go dear." John said as he grabbed their coats. Mia quickly ushered James and Sirius to the door with them. 

"James and Sirius will be going with you I hope you don't mind but they really need to get out." Mia said with a smile as she moved to hug Victoria goodbye. 

"Not at all Mia. We'll be back in a few hours." Victoria smiled returning the hug. After making sure everyone was ready John apparated them to the studio in the ministry. It was just as nauseating as usual, but she pulled herself together as she followed closely behind John into the music department of the ministry building. 

Since the studio was a part of the ministry it meant no privacy as everything had a place in the ministry and that also meant the daily prophet. Photographers and upcoming journalists looking for drama in the music department always lurked around the studios trying to find something to twist into a story. Victoria simply wished she could make her own recording studio outside of the ministry somewhere with more privacy but that wasn't happening. 

"Boys before we enter, I am warning you not to talk to anyone but Victoria or myself. We don't need any scandals." John said giving the two boys stern looks. They both nodded as they walked into the studio and were met with the sight of Maxwell Andrews. 

"Max! what's up?" Victoria said excitedly as she walked in giving the brunette boy a hug.  

"I was waiting for you! I heard this could be your big break and I couldn't possibly miss that." Maxwell said with a chuckle pulling away slightly. 

"Oh, please John said that last time and you see where that got me" Victoria rolled her eyes with a smile while john set up the equipment.  

"Oh, I don't know. I heard the demo and I gotta admit felt a little jealous of whoever this Lily girl is." Max laughed as he brushed some hair behind her ear before wrapping his arm around her shoulders. 

"Oooo, good to know you plan to break my heart." Victoria replied. James and Sirius sat on a black couch in the small room as they watched the two interact. James couldn't help but feel a burning pit of jealousy in his stomach at how touchy the guy was. 

"Victoria we're ready when you are." John said walking back towards the control panel stopping Victoria before was walked into the booth. 

"I caught some photographer taking pictures of you two be careful." John said and Victoria nodded in response. 

As Victoria started singing and John and Maxwell worked the controls trying to bring the vision to life James and Sirius sat quietly observing. 

"This is bullshit." James muttered under his breath. 

"You're telling me." Sirius scoffed. "Max! it's so good to see you" Sirius mocked as the scene replayed in his head. 

"I don't get you Sirius. you say you hate her than somehow, you're turned on by her, you get jealous of other guys around her, you try and make sure she eats." James said looking at him confused and irritated.  

"Okay the first thing was a complete freak incident, also I don't get jealous I simply know that you and Remus want to be with our soulmate so obviously I'm going to be mad for you when she's clearly flirting with someone." Sirius argued.

"I think you want her as well you're just in denial." James argued laughing a little bit as the boy next to him pulled a disgusted grimace. 

"Never." Sirius said. James simply shook his head turning back to Victoria. 

"All done get out here and listen to your first single!" John said excitedly as Victoria rushed towards them grabbing a bottle of water taking a seat in a cushioned chair next to Max. She quickly threw her legs onto his lap as John started the track for them.

 The room was silent as the song played and the smile on Victoria's face grew. She was ecstatic as the song spilling through the speaker was exactly what she imagined. James and Sirius sitting on the couch were stunned as they listened to the girl's voice. Sirius couldn't believe a voice like that could belong to a girl like her. 

As the song came to an end both boys were pulled from their thoughts when Victoria stepped in front of them. 

"What do you guys think?" she asked with a smile. Sirius was the first to speak.

"Can't believe that's your voice prophet wasn't wrong I guess." He said as he pushed himself up off the couch. Victoria's smile fell as he walked off.

"I think it's great and I wouldn't listen to him. Padfoot is a bit difficult when it comes to expressing himself." James said trying to defend his friend. 

"Oh, I think he expresses himself very well. Thanks though." Victoria replied with a tight-lipped smile before walking away. "Better get to the house Mia is probably wondering where we are. I'll see you later Max." Victoria said with smile and quick hug to the brown-haired boy before rushing off to grab her coat. 

John apparated the group home and Mia immediately rushed out to the front room to greet them.

"How did it go?" She asked excitedly. Victoria greeted her with a hug john stood behind the girl shaking his head gesturing to Sirius who was already making his way up the stairs. 

"Went well John thinks the song will really launch my career put me on the map." Victoria said with smile. "I'm going to go upstairs and write to my friends I'll be down for dinner." She said with a big smile before making her way to her room. James, John, and Mia immediately turning to the kitchen to discuss some matters of their own.