(It's been ten years since that day, and so much has happened in that time. Happiness, heartbreak, sadness, and grief has been apart of Olivia's life. From surviving the most horrific time in her life, to becoming a mother, and finding love again. It took a ceremony for her ex-partner to come back into her life, and a car bombing that took his wife life.)

(So here she was two years later, and her relationship with Elliot has changed in a good way. He has been getting the help he needs and now is able to get pass The Wheatley's. Olivia is at home after finally getting Noah home from The McCann's from the threat against her. She was done with the BX9 gang and she had Elliot pick Noah up because she knew her son would be safe. She makes it home around eight after a long week to Noah asleep, and Elliot sitting at the bar.)

Olivia: (sigh) He's out like a light.

Elliot: He's had a hard week.

Olivia: Yeah.

Elliot: So did you.

Olivia: Thank you, Elliot. Thank you for picking him up.

Elliot: You're family.

(He started looking around for something.)

Olivia: What are you looking for?

Elliot: Sugar?

Olivia: It's here. I have some here somewhere.

(She gets up with a grunt from her still slightly sore back and ribs. She goes to check the cabinets making herself look busy. Elliot watches her knowing exactly what she's doing in avoiding the situation.)

Elliot: Why didn't you call me?

Olivia: (takes a breath) Because I knew that you would try to protect me.

Elliot: (watch her back) And there's something wrong with that?

(Olivia continues to look for the sugar.)

Elliot: I care for you.

(She moves to the next cabinet as he finally gets up and moves towards her.)

Elliot: Liv look at me.

(She finds the sugar and turns.)

Olivia: Here it is.

(Elliot is standing close to her and she sigh as she looks into his eyes. Feeling vulnerable she moves closer to him as she feels his breath on her face.)

Elliot: (voice low and deep) Liv.

(She place her forehead against his and rubs her cheek on his.)

Olivia: (whispers) Elliot. Elliot I want to. I want to, but I can't.

Elliot: Why not?

Olivia: (exhale) Because what if it doesn't work out?

Elliot: And what if things work out?

(She looks into his eyes and shake her head.)

Olivia: Elliot I'm not ready for this.

(She place her face against his cheeks again.)

Olivia: I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready for this.

(She moves back until her back hit the counter and leans her head against the refrigerator. Elliot just watches her for a second trying to figure out a way to make her understand what he want.)

Elliot: Liv, we both know that there is something here.

Olivia: Yeah, but we're not ready Elliot.

Elliot: We're not ready, just a minute ago you said you wasn't ready. I know I have a lot of explaining to do as far as why I left, but I've never been more ready for anything in my life Liv.

Olivia: (looks down) Elliot you lost your wife two years ago. You have barely been home long enough to know what's going on with your kids. Kathleen calls me almost every week when she can't reach you. We both have shit to figure out before we just decide to jump into a relationship Elliot. I have things that I need to tell you, but I'm not ready to open up those cans of worms.

Elliot: I know Liv, trust me I know. I'm tired of feeling sad, angry, depressed, and I'm so fucking tired of running. I want to get to know you in a different way, get to know Noah. You are my family Liv, and besides my kids and mom, you're all I have left.

(Her eyes snaps up to his for a brief moment as he moves closer to her. Her breathing speeds up a little as she gets lost in his ocean blues. His hands come out and cup her face as his thumb caress her cheeks.)

Olivia: Elliot, what are you doing?

Elliot: (smirks) I'm trying to win your heart here, if you'll let me. I can still remember that night at your old apartment. The night we gave into our feelings and I must say, it was the best night of my life.

Olivia: I'm scared Elliot.

Elliot: Why?

Olivia: Because I gave you something I haven't given anyone ever, I gave you my heart that night Elliot. I gave into my feelings and where did it leave me huh. You left me like I was some two dollar whore, and I never heard from you again.

Elliot: Liv that's not...

Olivia: (sigh) Look it's getting late and I think it's best if you go. I have an early day tomorrow and I could really use some sleep.

(Instead of arguing with her, he tilt her head and place a kiss to her forehead. He pulls back and gives her a small smile before he step back.)

Elliot: I will give you time and space, whatever you need. Olivia, I promise you I'm not going to walk away again. Maybe when we're both in the right place we could talk.

Olivia: It's not that easy Elliott. I'm not the same person I was before and it's not just me anymore.

Elliot: I know, but deep down she's still in there so when you're ready, just call me.

(Olivia nod as she watches him turn and walk out her the door. After he's gone she locks it and closes her eyes as the tears fall. That night she didn't get any rest and she knew that tomorrow was going to be a bitch.)

(Two weeks passed since that very intense, very intimate night in her kitchen. She went to her therapist and had a very hard but need talk. The next time she seen Elliot, she was in her office when he knocked and she ushered him in. He tells her he's going under again and leaves her with a compass. He tells her that he hope it leads her to happiness and he walks out with an ornament from her.)