Chapter 7: This red smoke. It's... nice.

Quick Note: Content warning for this chapter specifically. Themes of sexual activity involved. If you'd prefer to skip this chapter, I'll post a synopsis in the next one that will cover the main plot points while still being appropriate. But who are we kidding?! Have fun you sinners!

Also, this chapter is slightly longer. A lot to cover!

***

Your POV

Getting to walk around the city I notice a lot more things now than I did when I was running from Vox. The streets aren't just dirty, they're littered with bodies! "So, you can die AFTER you die?" I ask Angel.

"Yeah, we call it being double dead. We don't know what happens after you double die, but you're obviously not here anymore." Angel explains. "Obviously it's not ideal to be here, but people also don't want to be double dead." That seems valid.

"Makes sense. Also, what exactly do you do for work?" I finally ask.

Angel gives me a look I can only describe as 'fuck me' eyes. "I'm a porn star, hot stuff." He says confidently.

Back home, that's not a profession you announce loudly. If anyone found out about what you did, you left town and hoped that no one found your video. Maybe here, that's a respectable career? What do you say to a porn star?

"Oh....." Okay this is too much awkward silence. Say something else!

Angel laughs, breaking the silence. "I know, probably not what you're used to hearing. But understand, I like my job and I'm good at it. What I don't like is my boss, but..." His voice trails off and he sighs. "It's not like I can leave." He seems defeated.

"A deal?" I ask.

"Yeah." Angel answers. "Not something you can get out of very easily. Just watch yourself while you're here." He says with a small smile.

We finally make it to the giant building. There are three V's at the top of the building. I tilt my head, thinking. That Vox guy mentioned the V's, is this where they live? Is Angel working with a V?! I start getting a bit worried about running into Vox again.

We make it through the front lobby without too much of a problem. I see a few people staring, but I can only assume it's either because of how I look or the fact that I'm with Angel. "Should I be worried about my appearance?" I ask Angel.

"Not with Val." He answers as we take the elevator. "His eyes are so shit and no one in the studio is brave enough to talk out of turn. He won't notice you if you just hang back. Feel free to watch, or don't. Up to you." Angel says with a laugh.

What an offer. What's the correct answer here? "I'll... see how I'm feeling once I'm inside." It wasn't a guarantee either way. I don't want to insult his work.

We finally make it to the floor of Angel's filming room. There's a lot more to this process than I thought. Makeup artists, scripts, videographers and audio mixers everywhere. It truly does take a village to film a porn video, I guess.

I can see it coming in from the corner of my eye, the red smoke. I turn to see a giant demon sitting in the director's chair. I'm standing behind him, so he doesn't know I'm in the room. But the smoke seems to be coming from him. He's huge! I thought Angel was tall.

"Alright! Everyone shut up! We're filming in 3...2..." He seems to take charge of the room quickly. Just as he commands, everyone is quiet except for those on set. One of which being Angel.

"Oh no, this sink pipe is busted. I hope the plumber will be here soon." Angel says loudly enough for the boom microphone to catch as he leans over a broken sink. I do my best not to laugh at the scenario. How unoriginal.