Chapter 36: I hope you are prepared for the consequences.

I have a slight pain of guilt hit me as I urge this to continue. I know it's what needs to be done, but it feels off. If Charlie makes poor choices that are shared all throughout Hell, her mother will surely come intervene. If Lucifer makes it here first, I should be able to take care of him.

Charlie looks like a child trying to figure out how to spin on the stripper pole. It doesn't matter how good she actually is, what matters is that she's doing something so scandalous. The longer she's there, the more it will be recorded and the more it will be shared. Right now, it looks like she's just having fun, giggling as she slides down and picks herself back up again. I'm sure Angel can convince her to step it up a notch. I focus my energy on him.

"Angel, I think she needs a little guidance, don't you?" I prompt. This is all I need to keep things moving how I want.

"Oh, I think I can help." Angel says with a little laugh and gold tinted eyes. He walks closer to Charlie and starts talking to her. I'm not close enough to hear and the loud music doesn't help, but Charlie seems to understand.

She changes her grip on the pole and gets her leg above her head. She wraps her leg around the pole but slides back down. Her overalls don't give her much traction to hold onto metal. It was improvement though.

"Oh, fucking pants." I can hear Charlie curse as she starts unbuttoning the straps. This causes the crowd to roar, and Charlie takes notice. "Yeah, you like that don't you?!" She taunts the crowd as she flips the straps behind her. "You want more?!" She yells, getting an uproar of approval.

"They want more Charlie." I say with a devilish smirk. "Give them more."

Since both straps of the overalls were unbuttoned, Charlie turns around, facing away from the crowd and slowly pulls the overalls down her legs. The way she's doing this little tease makes me wonder if she's done this in private behind closed doors before. She seems to understand the assignment.

She has an adorable pair of dark red hipster underwear on, which is just enough for the internet to enjoy while protecting at least somewhat of her dignity. I notice that some of the crowd is indeed streaming this little show we have going on. I wonder how far this will travel.

Now that the overalls are out of the way, Charlie attempts the trick Angel taught her again. This time holding herself up with the strength of her leg being wrapped around the pole and having the traction of her skin holding on tight. I almost wish this was a normal fun girls' night and not some secret plot.

"The princess is on the evening news!" I hear someone yell. I look at the bar and sure enough the mounted TV's have two broadcasters giving some sort of announcement to one of the social media live feeds we have going on right now about Charlie's performance. Seriously, news in Hell travels quickly!

When I look back over at Charlie she's back on her feet, giving the crowd a mischievous look as she plays with the bottom of her shirt. She's had to of done a strip tease for Vaggie before! Hell, maybe I should be taking notes from this performance!

"Take it off! Take it off!" The crowd begins to chant. It's not long before Charlie obliges to the will of the crowd, pulling her shirt over her head and throwing it out into the crowd. Oh, our little scandalous princess.

The matching bra and underwear are adorable, and somewhat perfect for this broadcast. I wonder if she always matches.

The crowd is cheering on her performance and attempts to do both easy and advanced tricks. The news stations are broadcasting, just as we planned.

The minutes that go by feel like hours. I'm not sure if I should be expecting something to happen at this point or if I need to unfortunately threaten to escalate this even further. I truly don't want to. If there is ever a chance of me keeping any sort of friendship or communication with Charlie after this, I feel like right now I'd still have a chance. Slight as it may be. But if I need to keep escalating this, I don't know if she'll ever forgive me.

Nothing has happened yet. Neither Lucifer nor Lilith have intervened. I sigh, I really don't want to do this.

I look at Charlie and manage to make eye contact with her when she's done doing one of her spins. I don't even have to say the thought out loud, I just have to think it. I know she understands.

She walks closer to the end of the stage, a seductive look in her eyes as she looks at the crowd. She puts her hands behind her and unclasps her bra, holding the front in place with one arm as she takes the strap off her shoulder. "How will anyone in Hell ever respect their princess after this?" Charlie asks the crowd jokingly as she changes arms, still holding her bra in place as she takes the other strap out. In my opinion, the crowd is way too excited for this reveal. I can't hear my own thoughts anymore since the crowd is yelling so loud in anticipation.

Right as that bra is going to hit the floor, all the music and lights in the building turn off. I can't see a damn thing. The crowd is equally confused. I can tell some are trying to use their phones to get their flashlights, but that doesn't seem to be working.

"Where am- oh my gosh!" I hear Charlie's voice. She must have snapped out of my control and realized her situation. Which most likely means the rest of the gang isn't under my control anymore either. It's almost like everything inside of this building has been shut down, including my powers. I still feel powerful though, hopefully that's a good thing.

"Out." I hear a demonic voice echo throughout the building. I've never heard this voice before and can't place its origins. It's like that one word puts everyone in a trance, the crowd is filing out of the building like soldiers. No one is talking anymore, and they are obliging to the request.

"Mom?" I hear Charlie's voice. Like me, she must not have been forced to follow that earlier command. It seems that Lilith can choose who she manipulates.

"Well, you wanted my attention so badly." I hear her voice like it's right in front of me. I am afraid, but I don't want to show fear. I still can't see a damn thing. Where is she?

"Using my daughter against me? Congratulations, you are my sole focus now." I hear her continue. She sounds like she hasn't moved. Where the fuck is she?!

I'm turning my head around the building, trying to figure out her location. My hands are fists and I feel like I'm braced and ready for anything. Though in reality, it's not like I've ever had to prepare for something even remotely like this! I have to get out of my own head.

I finally see a pair of glowing red eyes walking towards me in the darkness. As she makes it closer the lights are finally on. Charlie is pulling the hem of her shirt down and she already has her overalls pulled back over her legs. In a way, I'm relieved about that. But back to the focus at hand.

Lilith stops walking, she definitely looks intimidating. "I hope you are prepared for the consequences."