Chapter 26: He won't last much longer.

I can't move. My arms and legs won't do what I tell them to do. I can still breathe, and I can still talk, but I can't escape. I don't like that Vox is carrying me, but I guess this is better than landing hard on the floor. Trying to find the positives of this shitty situation. There really aren't many.

"I'm going to end that fucker's life." Val says angrily as he starts loading handguns with bullets.

"Don't be stupid Val." Velvet tries to talk him out of it. "We fight together. He's still powerful. If you go out there alone, you'll be killed." She tries to explain to him.

"He won't even know what hit him." Val argues, holding four handguns with his four arms. "Vox, do whatever you can to get Alastor to look at one of these damn screens." He mentions as he leaves the room.

It doesn't seem like they can do much to convince him to stay. Velvet and Vox look at each other without saying anything. They seem like the two more sane members of the trio.

Velvet shrugs. "Well, you heard him." She says calmly. "Keep rolling. Vox, do what you need to do to make our little pig squeal." She says as she focuses back on her phone.

"Pig? Really? Rude." I try and argue with Velvet, seeing if I can get on her nerves. She doesn't take the bait though, which is a little frustrating.

"Alastor, I know you can hear me." Vox states directly into one of the cameras. He motions for one of the off-camera demons to bring him a chair. Once the folded chair is placed Vox sits and places me on his lap in front of him. He still has to hold me up considering that none of my muscles want to move on their own. I feel like one of those ventriloquist dummies sitting on the lap of my puppet master. I hate it.

"Why don't we have a chat? Just the two of us? If you come to the filming studio quietly, without your staff, I'll consider leaving (y/n) in somewhat pristine condition." Vox speaks to the cameras. I know he's trying to get Alastor's attention, and I don't want to contribute to his efforts.

I can feel Vox's hands running up and down my arms. The only thing keeping me upright is having my body lean back on his chest. I hate how this feels, but I don't want to risk making Alastor look at any of the screens, so I do my best to not make any sound.

Alastor is basically at the front door of the building, where Val walks out and meets him. I can't see what they're saying through the screens, but I can see that Val points all four handguns at Alastor and begins shooting.

As shots are flying towards Alastor, he disappears in his own shadow and reappears behind Val. Alastor looks absolutely demonic with his radio dial eyes and black tentacles as he holds his staff. The tentacles easily wrap around Val, who probably couldn't even see Alastor coming. Alastor looks like he's squeezing Val with the tentacles as tight as possible. I feel like Val will pop any second now.

"Alastor, I k-know you can hear me!" Vox tries again, though he sounds angrier than earlier. I'm starting to learn that when Vox gets upset, he glitches a bit. I can feel Vox's hand move to my neck where his grip tightens. It gets so tight that I feel like I can no longer breathe. An involuntary squeak comes from my throat at the lack of oxygen. "A life for a l-life Alastor! Let him go!" Vox threatens. I don't know how Alastor plans on maneuvering this tricky situation, but there's no way he would risk me being killed.

I continue watching the live feed of what's happening outside. It's not even five seconds after Vox's threat when I literally see Val pop like a balloon due to the pressure of the squeezing tentacles. Val is gone. Can Alastor not hear Vox's threats? Or is he not concerned about me?

Alastor still hasn't looked at any of the screens within his eyesight. He grows in size to an incredible length. I've never known he had the ability to do half the things I've been seeing today. He's at least half the size of the V's tower. His staff looks jabbed in his right hand and there are more tentacles protruding from him than before. There are also small, big-headed demonic creatures that emerged from the shadows that are roaming the now open streets. These small creatures have started destroying any of the TVs that are displaying the broadcast that Vox has been putting out.

As this is happening, Alastor has started breaking walls and windows in the V's tower. I'm not positive if he's being reckless or carefully trying to figure out where Velvet and Vox are in the building. But I can feel the aftereffects of the destruction in the building. If Vox doesn't let go of my windpipe soon, I'm going to lose consciousness.

"Vox this isn't working!" Velvet yells as she tries to keep her balance from the building's destruction. "Don't let Alastor get a hold of her. He'll be too powerful if he gets her back." She tells Vox as she leaves the room. I'm guessing she's going to confront Alastor next.

Since the broadcast has been destroyed, Vox lets go of my neck. I cough quite a bit, catching my breath and slowly gaining my vision back. At least I'm still alive.

"If I just killed you, we wouldn't have to worry about your power or abilities. No one, especially Alastor, would have an advantage." Vox says angrily at me. Since he has no more need for me, he simply drops me on the floor and stands back up, hands behind his back debating on following through with the actions he just mentioned.

I don't appreciate being dropped on the floor like a rag doll, but I still can't move. At least I'm facing up so I can look at my captor. "It wouldn't benefit you." I argue, Vox still doesn't seem convinced. "Kill me and Alastor will still be more powerful than you, am I right?" I ask him. I see his screen glitch for a split second, I must have struck a nerve.

"Shut up! You f-fucking bitch!" Vox snaps at me. I definitely struck a nerve. But I must have also proved a point. Vox hasn't killed me yet. I should consider myself lucky, considering how defenseless I am right now.

As I continue to anger Vox, we're interrupted by a large object crashing through the window. Once both Vox and I take a closer look we realize it's the torso and legs of Velvet. Jesus Christ! She's no longer a problem, I guess.

"No!" Vox yells, realizing what's happening. He's the only one of the V's still remaining. He looks pissed, but for some reason I don't feel as worried about my outcome anymore.

All that stands in the way of mine and Alastor's reunion is Vox. If the outcomes of his comrades are anything to be compared to, he won't last much longer.