19

'You were serious? You're taking the dog?' Jin raises his eyebrow, observing Bubbles who's stuck to my side, patiently waiting to move with me

'We need all the help we can get. We have no idea what we're getting ourselves into, and correct me if I'm wrong, but which one of us would win against her 1 on 1?'

He looked her over for a millionth time, except this time he actually paid attention. Her size and muscles, her strength...

'Good point. Ignore my earlier comments.' He nodded, realizing that this dog could tear us apart before we got to react

'Move out!' Namjoon yelled out, and all 5 of us made a line for the door, with Bubbles happily strutting along

Hoseok nearly shat himself when she jumped in the backseat with him and laid down next to him, using his leg as a pillow. She whined at him, giving him puppy eyes and almost petting him with her paw.

'I'm not a dog expert, but I'm pretty sure she's giving you a green light to pet her.' 

'What is she eats my hand off?' He mumbles

Instead of him doing it, she rubbed her head on his hand herself, almost like she's petting herself. Only then did he acutally pet her, scratching her head gently and she got all cute and nuzzly with him.

'Okay. Let's go. Jin and Namjoon are taking the other car.' Jungkook jumped in the front, putting his sniper case between his legs

Without much further talk besides Hoseok relaxing and playing with Bubbles in the backseat, we took off.

-----

'At least Gyumin didn't lie. This is going to be a nightmare.' 

Hoseok muttered a comment as we stood in front of the path that leads into the forest, seeing nothing but rows of trees and bushes as far as eyes can reach, and all of it getting darker and darker with the lack of light. Only a few feet ahead, the ground was already a muddy mess. 

'Of course I lied. Gotta help my widow friends.' Gyumin snickered over the earpiece, reminding us that he can hear us

'I was happy he can joke about this, but now I just wanna go back home and smack him.' Jin sighs

'Rude, hyung. Anyway, go straight ahead for half a mile, then turn right. You will have to go through the woods instead of the path, but it might be a shortcut.'

'Might?' Namjoon asks

'I am not a magician. I can't know where exactly it leads, but if you stick to the path, they will see you coming, if they're still there.'

'Well, then. Let's hope no one slips and dies. But will the dog be able to walk on this thing?' Jin looks over at Bubbles

'Let's find out. I wanna try something anyway.'

I grabbed one of Taehyung's shirts before we left, just in hopes that she might be able to track him, and put it in one of my pockets. 

'Bubbles. Come here, girl.' I crouched and put the shirt out for her, and she started sniffing it, rubbing her nose all over the thing for about 15 seconds or so, and then sounded like she scoffed and moved away, and walked on her own into the forest.

'Well, she has no problems.' Namjoon chuckled as Bubbles easily walked over the mud, not bothered by it in the slightest as she sniffs about. 'Let's move.'

We were in the forest for all of 10 minutes before it started looking like the sun was disappearing. The trees and the branches were thickening up further we went in, erasing any trace of daylight. And a mile in, it was almost pure darkness.