54

For the first time, my head snapped to the doctor, and I must have looked crazy because he took a step back.

A baby? She can't even get pregnant. Her uterus was practically a decoration to her body. Due to years of putting her body through torture and all the injuries and such, she was long infertile. Even her period didn't come in most of the time. 

'What-what did you just say???'

'I'm sorry. But if it is to trust the tests, that happened 4 months ago. We estimate it to be around the same time as she acquired the injury to her heart. It is possible the loss was what saved her. A life for a life, if you will. The pregnancy was extremely early on, barely days. Practically just begun. And in the state of her body, I'm afraid she never would have carried it out either way. As for her uterus, that was removed about 2 months ago.'

We all fell so silent that I swear I could hear everyone's thoughts. Their eyes were jumping between me and the doctor.

'I'm also sorry to tell you this, but your wife will never be able to carry a child again.' He bowed to me, not realizing that was a single, most useless thing to me. That is not what I cared for whatsoever.

'And I'm incredibly saddened to tell you that your wife was put through a lot of... physical abuse.'

The way he worded it was clear as water. He used every word not to say it directly.

'She was raped?'

He swallowed, looked down, and nodded with a gulp. 'There are signs of constant physical struggle. Fighting. There are no permanent injuries, and she will recover perfectly when it comes to the physical part. It's the mental part that is the problem. She is also clear of all the STDs, so I hope that brings you some relief.'

'There are traces of drugs in her system. I believe she was sedated more than once, but it will clear out her system in no time, and it won't cause long-term harm. She should be awake within hours.'

He bowed and left, having nothing else to say, and leaving all of us stunned.

Baby. Loss. Pregnancy. Where the hell do I begin??

'Did you two-'

'It wasn't mine.' I cut Yoongi off before he even asked the question

'How do you know? Who's else-'

'Ren's. It had to have been him.' I growled in anger, pulling myself back from punching the wall

'You can't know that, J. It could have been yours.'

'It couldn't have because I can't have kids!' I snapped at them, then called myself down and grit my teeth. 'I've had a vasectomy done when I was 20. I can't have them. And even if I could, she was infertile. Her body was too damaged to carry it out. We both knew it way before the doctor said it.'

I never wanted a child, and neither did she. We weren't stupid enough to want it, not with the lives we have. That's exactly the reason as to why I got a vasectomy, even way before I met Rain. She is a spy, but she wasn't the only one having to seduce people. I've been in that position more than once, and if I'm to listen to Rain's words, I'm apparently good-looking, so the women like me. But just because I had to sleep with them, it didn't mean that I was going to be stupid and get someone pregnant. Not a damn chance. 

I grabbed onto her bed, looking at her sleeping face as my eyes welled with tears, this time of anger. 'He said it's only been days before she miscarried. Who forced himself on her, only days before she nearly died? Who had her tied up and used her?'

They all know that what I'm saying makes absolute, perfect sense. I wish he was still alive, just so I could kill him again.

'Is it a horrible thing to say that it's a good thing that she lost it?' Gyumin never had any filter, but for a change, his stupidity is actually exactly what I want to hear