PART. 05

Thank you for reading 😊

Y/n's POV:

After the encounter at the café, I managed to arrive at school on time, albeit with a whirlwind of emotions still swirling within me. Just as I was about to enter the building, I felt a sudden weight on my back, followed by a familiar voice.

"Y/n-ah! Surprise!"

I recognized the voice instantly—it was my best friend, Kim Jennie, also known as Munchkin.

Despite the surprise, a smile spread across my face as I turned to face her.

"Jennie-ya, you scared me!" I exclaimed, laughing as she hopped off my back.

Jennie grinned mischievously. "Well, that's the fun of surprises, isn't it?"

As we made our way into the school, Jennie's presence was a welcome distraction from the events of the morning. But as we reached our lockers, her curious gaze told me she sensed something was amiss.

"Okay, spill it, Y/n," she said, her eyes narrowing inquisitively. "You've been acting off lately. What's going on?"

Taking a deep breath, I decided it was time to confide in my best friend. I recounted everything—from Jisoo's sudden transfer to my chance encounters with the mysterious stranger at the night park and the café, to the bombshell news of my brother's impending departure.

Jennie listened intently, her expression shifting from curiosity to concern as I relayed each detail. When I finally finished, there was a heavy silence between us, broken only by the bustling sounds of students passing by.

"Y/n, I had no idea..." Jennie began, her voice filled with empathy. "I'm so sorry you're going through all of this."

I shrugged, trying to brush off the weight of it all. "It's okay, Jennie. I'll figure it out."

But Jennie wasn't convinced. "You don't have to figure it out alone, Y/n. Remember, I'm always here for you, no matter what."

Her words brought a warmth to my heart, a reminder of the unwavering support I had in my best friend.Jennie's words were like a soothing balm to my frazzled nerves, but as she pulled me into a tight embrace, I felt the dam of emotions I'd been holding back finally begin to crack. Tears welled up in my eyes, and before I knew it, I was sobbing against her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Jennie," I choked out between sobs, my facade of strength crumbling in the safety of her embrace.

Jennie's arms tightened around me, offering a sense of comfort and understanding that words alone couldn't convey. "Shh, it's okay, Y/n," she murmured softly, her voice a soothing melody amidst the chaos of my emotions.

As I cried, Jennie's touch was a grounding force, anchoring me to the present moment and reminding me that I wasn't alone in my struggles. With each tear that fell, a weight lifted from my shoulders, replaced by the reassuring warmth of Jennie's presence.